It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 20, Book 11

A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content.

Proverb


It's been a quick week and here at my house and now its my day for R and R once more. This is the day of the week that I love most. When my children were young it was always Family Day at our house. Now when I'm home and not camping, Family Day has become the 3rd Sunday of month for me. I cook a large dinner and those in my family that can come over to share a meal with me and very often a couple of hours relaxation too.

Most of my Sundays are spent with little else but attending church services and relaxing. I like to take some time out to look ahead to what the new week has in store and make a few plans for what I'll be needing to do too.

Planning must be done in order to keep focused on my goals but I know that my plans are often not what is important in the long range of things and so I've learned to be very flexible.

You all are always in my thoughts and prayers and I am hoping that your Sunday is filled with some good moments of that wonderful R and R too!

'On Ya'-ma


5 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy your day of R&R...looks like it's gonna rain here....!!

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful tradition...family day. I love that idea. Hope it's a wonderful one for you. Hugs

Hollie said...

Enjoy your family dinner! It sounds wonderful!

That corgi :) said...

I like your line "planning must be done in order to keep focused on my goals" and that you recognize also to be flexible in your plans, Ma. I think we do need to plan or we can lose focus on what we want to eventually accomplish but in that remember that life often does throw some interesting surprises our ways so that is when flexibility plays a key factor. Have to remember this myself!! Enjoy your Family Day today!! Wonderful tradition to have when your kids were at home and to continue it on with adaptations in this state of your life!

betty

That corgi :) said...

I like your line "planning must be done in order to keep focused on my goals" and that you recognize also to be flexible in your plans, Ma. I think we do need to plan or we can lose focus on what we want to eventually accomplish but in that remember that life often does throw some interesting surprises our ways so that is when flexibility plays a key factor. Have to remember this myself!! Enjoy your Family Day today!! Wonderful tradition to have when your kids were at home and to continue it on with adaptations in this state of your life!

betty