It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 19, Book 11

Time well spent is worth much more than gold.

Michael Lee

It's SUPER Saturday!

We had a great time sale shopping yesterday and both DD and I were pleased with our purchases. The biggest bargain was a pair of sandals for $2.50 cents. I found a windbreaker jacket for one fourth it's original cost so that was a great buy too. The best part of the day was of course the time spent with my daughter. We do shop well together!

We are back to our normal cold weather today. The winds of yesterday blew a cold front in here and it looks like it'll be that way for all of next week too. It'll be awhile before I wear those sandals I bought for sure.

Normal around here for this time of year is mid to upper 30's. We may even see a chance of snow next week but not much. Thankfully just about all we had on the ground is now gone.

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Shopping at the latter part of winter, brings such cheer doesn't it. I discovered that yesterday!

Buttercup said...

Sounds like a great day. I've got a great coupon for Chico's and am planning on spending some time there on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Buttercup said...

Sounds like a great day. I've got a great coupon for Chico's and am planning on spending some time there on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Scrappy quilter said...

Glad you had a great day shopping. Always fun when you're with family. We are in for a cold snap as well. Oh I long for spring!! Hugs

Midlife Mom said...

Love the deals of this time of year! I stocked up on matching winter hats, gloves and scarves for next Christmas for all the girls. It will be a while around here before we are wearing flip flops too!!!

That corgi :) said...

Keep those sandals close by, Ma, as a reminder of the warm weather that is just around the corner!! great bargains indeed!! glad it was a fun productive day with your daughter!

betty

Hollie said...

Great finds indeed! Glad you had a wonderful time!