It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 18, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 18, Book 11

Another fresh new day is here
Another day to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new day is given me
To live each hour with zest;
To hourly grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!

William Arthur Ward

Fantastic Friday!

We have a delightful weatherman who always gives bits of pieces along with his weather forecast and yesterday he said that lots of folks have been sighted in our neck of woods with a strange expression on their faces. The name he gave this expression was METEOROLOGICAL INTOXICATION.

We've been intoxicated by the heavenly feeling of being a bit warmer and seeing the snow melt. Tis true! It's a glorious feeling and one well worth having for sure.The first day of Spring is still officially a month away, but around here I can tell we’re moving past winter.

Remember: The winters of our discontents usually blossom into unforgettable springs

Today DD and I are off on our annual Presidents Day Shopping Spree. The outlet mall is calling our names. I can't say for sure how many years we've been doing this but well over a dozen I know. The weather is to turn a little cooler than yesterday and we may have some showers they say. None the less we'll have fun. Hopefully I'll be sharing some of the wonderful bargains we found with you all tomorrow.

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Linda said...

Have fun on your shopping spree! I am enjoying the warmer weather alot myself!

Scrappy quilter said...

Have fun on your shopping day. Hope the sun is shining there for you..it is here. Hugs

jack69 said...

Go ahead, have a good shopping trip, one of ladies favorite sports.

Love from Florida

Jean said...

I hope you had a great time out shopping. We went to Lowe's this afternoon to get some paint, and stopped at Wal-Marts for dog and cat food. Lol.
Lowe's and this Wal-Mart are in Enterprise about 30 miles from where we live.

That corgi :) said...

I think it is neat that you and your daughter have traditions like this, Ma!! I hope you guys found lots of great bargains!!


betty

Hollie said...

It's been so nice here! I have the door open at the moment! We are loving it. I can't wait to hear about your shopping trip!