It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 17, Book 11

Wise men count their blessings; fools their problems

Unknown


It's Thankful Thursday!

I'm always thankful for family, friends, my faith and home. There is nothing I need that I don't have.

I am thankful that in each day there is more to be thankful for than not.

As our temps rose up into the high 40's yesterday, I'm very thankful for thawing snow and ice.

For a sweet little grandson to care for and all the smiles he gives. I can tell you this is one of the greatest opportunities I've ever had. My days are full and overflowing with the joy of having him here.

Today they say we'll see 50 degrees here and I'm certainly thankful for that precious gift too. More and more the snow is melting...we just have to be thankful for that.

Our weather man said there has been sightings of the Red-winged black bird here in Ohio this week and he thinks this bird is even more of a true harbinger of Spring than the Robin.

When I looked at the trees yesterday I noticed tiny little white flecks as the Pussy Willow tree is starting to bud and the neighbor's maple tree is forming buds too.

There is always lots to be thankful for here at my house.
This Thursday I'm hoping you can find lots to be thankful for too.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

So neat, Ma, that God gave you all signs that spring is "in the air"! I hope you get to see one of those red-winged black birds too!! I bet it is fun too to have your little grandson around and be "hands on" in his care and see how he is growing and changing on a continual basis!! Wonderful things to be thankful for indeed!

betty

jack69 said...

I have NEVER heard or read that simple TRUE statement:

Wise men count their blessings; fools their problems


Thanks, have a great day.
From Rainbow Springs, FL

grammy said...

Glad you have signs of Spring
I hope our trees wait...because i know we will have more snow and i don't want broken branches.

Sybil said...

I sure am glad that the spring has arrived here in wiltshire..My pussie willows their furry buds are so lovely shining in the sunshine, also the winter Jasmine looks gorgeous with the yellow flowers almost all out..Temps around 7c..about 40F I should think as well..so lots to smile about
love Syil x

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful list. I'm thankful we got home from the city okay. We have a blizzard outside...can't hardly see the neighbour's house. Hugs