To be successful in life you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.
Without any of these bones you are nothing; with these bones you are something. These are not real bones, but they do help you in life. You need to have a dream, you need to be strong and you need to laugh.
It's Terrific 2's Tuesday! Don't loose your Funny bone / End an argument
If you don't know it by now...Laughter is the best medicine. There has been plenty of research showing that having a sense of humor can help people with diabetes live healthier lives. Regular laughter helps boost the immune system and raise antibody levels.
And it’s not just good for our bodies, it can also strengthen our bond with other people, make life interesting and increase our sense of self worth. Most of the things we laugh at every day aren't meant to be funny. They're just things that happen and we choose to find the humor in them.
Just go for a walk and look for things that make you giggle: a squirrel taunting a cat or a Golden Retriever enamored of a dachshund. People say funny things and children have the gift of saying things that make us laugh.
An old French proverb says that the most completely lost of all days is the one in which we have not laughed.
Laughter helps us to feel better and it is a gift that we can give to others.
The Laughter we share with others will help us deal with difficult situations. When humor and laughter are present we find ourselves able to tackle difficult situations
Daily opportunities for laughter are important. Laughter will strengthen your backbone and enhance your wishbone.
I also found this little list of 5 Ways to End an Argument to share with you today. If words begin to get heated, and it turns into an argument, consider the following before you continue:
Five Simple Ways to End an Argument
Arguments are normal, but when they get out of hand, it’s important to end them before emotions overrun reason and damage to the relationship is done.
1. Call a cease fire. Say: This is getting us nowhere. Why don’t we cool off and discuss this again when we’re both not so wound up? This way, the other person knows you’re not avoiding the issue.
2. Agree to disagree. Say: It’s ok for us to have two different opinions.
3. Explain that no matter how long the argument continues, it will not change each other’s point of view.
4. Stay quiet and calm. Sometimes, that enrages the other person, but do not add fuel to the fire. Say simply: I won’t talk while you’re screaming. Eventually, the other person will run out of steam.
5. Quietly leave. Say: I’ll be back when we both cool off. This way, the other person won’t think you’re abandoning him or her.
Laughter and Ending an Argument are my 2 for this Tuesday!
I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one!