It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 14, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 14, Book 11


The Legend of St. Valentine

The legend says St. Valentine
Was in a prison cell
Thinking of his little flock
He had always loved so well
And wanting to assure them
Of his friendship and his love
He picked a bunch of violets
And sent them by a dove.
And on the violets' leaves
He pierced these lines divine
That simply said, "I Love You"
And "I'm your Valentine"
So through the years that followed
From that day unto this
Folks still send messages of love
And seal them with a kiss.
Because a Saint in prison
Reached through prison bars one day
And picked a bunch of violets
And sent them out to say
That faith and love can triumph
No matter where you are
For faith and love are greater
Than the strongest prison bar.


Author Unknown


It's MERRY Monday!

This is a picture of my camper, which is on the left, as it sits in winter hibernation just waiting for Spring. My niece and her hubby recently visited the campground and she took the picture for me. There it sits in all it's glory and I am so longing for warm weather. It is a long time yet until mid April and by then all the snow will be gone. I have been counting down the days and as of today there are 63 days left until camping season begins once more.

My little home away from home is a wonderful warm weather get away but during the winter it's pumped full of antifreeze and closed up against the weather. I'm sure that under that snow are also piles of leaves waiting to be cleared away. When we ended the season this past October there were still a lot of leaves on the trees. From the looks of it in the picture, there are some still remaining on the trees. They would be the pin oak trees that are always the last to shed their leaves.

Spring will come and I'll be ever so happy to be back there at my Little Place in the Woods. There will be lots of fun and good times to share but for now...It's still winter, I'm still house bound, there is still an awful lot of snow on the ground and it is Monday! Mr. Wonderful will be here today and it will be a MERRY Monday here at my house.

Happy Valentines Day!

I do hope you all have a MERRY Monday too!

'On Ya'-ma


6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, spring is coming. Our snow is melting nicely, the temps have warmed up and the sun is shining more. Sure signs of spring here. happy Valentines day. Hugs

Hollie said...

It's a nice day here! It's 57 degrees at the moment! I've just been out cleaning all the bird feeders! The sunshine is wonderful!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Looking forward to seeing you sitting outside your Camper on a lovely Spring day ~ Ally x

grammy said...

Happy heart day to you (o:
Nice to have a look at your home away from home.

That corgi :) said...

Those 63 days will come by so quickly! I think it was neat that your niece took the picture of your trailer; looks like they got quite a bit of snow! Soon you will be making new memories there with family and friends!

hope you have a nice Valentine's Day!

betty

Linda :) said...

Spring is coming!! I have the blooms to prove it...
Happy Valentine's Day! :)