It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 13, Book 11

Our minds need relaxation and give way
Unless we mix with work a little play

Molier

R and R Sunday!

Researchers show that Sundays are our happiest days while Wednesdays are our worst. Mondays still tend to be happy days as we are still upbeat from the weekend.

I always have enjoyed Sundays and it is a day of rest and relaxation for me. After church today I'm cooking up some chicken and dumplings as I found chicken on sale yesterday at the grocery store. It'll probably do for the next 3 days meals. I love leftovers and that is a good thing at my house for sure.

Winter Sundays are very much different than my Sundays spent camping. I still go to church but it is the day everyone prepares to go back home and a day we try to squeeze in every little bit of fun we can. When camping does start in Mid April I too will have to return home on Sundays as I'll have to be home for Mr. Wonderful come Monday mornings until school is out in June and then his Mom will be home with him for the summer.

We enjoyed some sunshine off and on yesterday and some melting has begun. You can now see some wet edges along the walkways and streets where the ice had formed on the curbs. It's probably a good thing all this doesn't melt all at once. We'd be having some flooding. Our river here that runs through our town eventually goes out into Lake Erie and I know both have been frozen for some time. It'll take some major melting before it's all gone.

Since tomorrow is Valentines Day many are taking advantage of the weekend and celebrating today. I really won't be doing anything special for that except for enjoying my chocolate.

I hope your Sunday includes some of that wonderful R and R too!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

I know you are getting excited because camping season is in sight now! I enjoy hearing about your camping adventures!

Kathy said...

I love Sunday's for the same reasons. After church we usually go to lunch with friends and then home to read the Sunday paper and just be lazy the rest of the day. Chicken and dumplings sounds so yummy, ah comfort food.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Yes like Hollie say's I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your camping and about your family ~
I love Sundays ~ but this Sunday here in the UK is really overcast it is raining and the wind is blowing ~ Roll on Spring :O) ~
Enjoy your Sunday ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Oh yes, As it approaches and we get spring in the air. It always did call for a trip to the woods for us.
R&R for you today. Great and I love chicken and dumplings and left overs.

Sounds grezat.
LOVE from Florida

Scrappy quilter said...

I was just wondering when you'd be able to start camping. Our weather is beautiful here today.

We just got back from a wonderful church service this morning. One of our young men when on a missions trip to Zimbabwe. it was so interesting listening to him share about it. Hope your day is perfect. Hugs

Midlife Mom said...

In the winter we usually go to the early service and come home and go for a snowmobile ride as we did today. In the summer we head down to the lake for some R and R so we enjoy Sundays all year long. No melting here, we have tons of snow and more coming tomorrow! Yikes! it's the most snow we have had in years. I too look forward to your camping stories, I would love to do that with my grands!

That corgi :) said...

That was interesting research about happiest days. I would have thought Mondays would have been the unhappiest because of going back to work. Sundays are always a good day to rest and get ready for the week ahead :)

yum on the chicken and dumplings!! a good meal to make on a winter day :)

betty

Linda :) said...

I got off work at 10am today and have been relaxing ever since... :)