It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 12, Book 11


          It's SUPER SATURDAY

          and I must go shopping...

          My Kindness shelf is almost bare,
          I'm getting low on Love,
          Completely out of Thankfulness…
          Must send for more above.

          I should exchange some Jealousy,
          I didn't order that!
          I need a box of Tolerance,
          For mine seems rather flat!

          Oh yes, I must put on my list,
          The fragrance of God's Peace,
          I need a big supply of Joy,
          Before my needs increase.

          I noticed Patience is on sale…
          I need so much today.
          It looks becoming anytime,
          And mine is telltale grey.

          Humility is terribly rare…
          I can't afford it now.
          But Oh, my stock is almost bare,
          I'll pay for it somehow!

          My Sense of Humor is a mess,
          It should be repaired today.
          My flask of Goodness lost its zest,
          Somewhere along the way.

          Extravagant is my shopping list?
          I wonder how I'll pay?
          I can't afford to skimp or save…
          So, I must shop -- TODAY!

          Author Unknown

Just as we all need to keep stocked up with staples like milk, butter and bread, we also need to make sure that we have those things listed above too. Where would I be without my sense of humor? Laughing at myself is one of my chief occupations

My patience is worn very thin here with these cold winter days we've been having. I must say the beginning of February has depleted a lot of stores in my personal cupboard.

I think I've done better this year dealing with the short days and less sunshine, but the cold and the snow of the past two weeks has about done me in. I am so ready for the warm up they say is coming our way starting today.

I guess the good Lord must have known I was very down and so He has sent a reprieve for us just in the nick of time.

I really do need to get out and do some grocery shopping today but other than that I'm just going to enjoy being warmer. I don't know if I'll shed a layer of clothing or not. It's still only going to be low 30's. But I know at least my furnace will be able to take a rest. It has run almost constantly all week long.

Have a Super Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Yes! I'm feeling the same MA...and isn't it exciting that we will be in the 40, 50, and maybe even the 60's next weekk??? I can't wait!! I need to feel a little sun on my face, and warmth around me..outside that is. It's comin' MA..hang in there!!! You'll be in your camper before you know it!!
Hugs, Sharon

jack69 said...

Great shopping list. I am sure many folks are running short of patience in the Northern Climes. Something about this human body that likes to be out in the SUNSHINE! Or SONSHINE as many folks like to say.

Enjoy this God given Weekend.
Love from Florida

Scrappy quilter said...

We are finally getting warmer weather. Spring is just around the corner, it has to be!! Hope you have a wonderful SAt. Hugs

Buttercup said...

I need to shop from this list every day. We're in the 30s today and I am so enjoying no boots for a few days. Loving it! And we've got sunshine so far... Have a super Saturday!

grammy said...

Liked your ten rules from yesterday.
The shopping list is great too...you come up with some great things (o:
We are warm and very slushy here today...running water everywhere...well it was 56...so nice.

Linda :) said...

This is a good one, don't think I have seen this poem before... We are seeing some 70's but then maybe rain all week... I have noticed though that it is past 5pm and the sun is still up... so much that I have been making dinner late since it has been dark at 5pm for so long.... :)

Sonya said...

Very nice entry as always!

Rose said...

Hope it warms up for you. We have been chilly here in the 50s the past few days and that is unusual for South Florida.

I like your shopping list!

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Hugs, Rose