It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 11, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 11, Book 11

10 RULES FOR A HAPPY DAY

TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK:
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind... I will not respond in a like manner.

TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY ENEMY:
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask GOD to bless that individual. I understand the enemy could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.

TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY:
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.

TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE:
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

TODAY I WILL FORGIVE:
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE:
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.

TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED:
I will practice the golden rule - Do unto others as I would have them do unto me - with everyone I encounter.

TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED:
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.

TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY:
I will eat less; I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank GOD for my body.

TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY:
I will spend a little more time in prayer today: I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational today; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to GOD's voice!!!
Author Unknown

It's FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

I try to live in the moment and make the most of each one too. I believe that the past is gone and tomorrow may never come so TODAY is what counts. When we live one day at a time life become much more enjoyable. We don't have those nasty regrets of yesterday to deal with and we also don't have any worrisome fears about tomorrow holding us back either.

Each day is a new start with all kinds of possibilities. If I could but follow those rules shown above every day, I know each one would be happier. It is important to never give up hope and to keep trying so I will.

We are finally a little warmer here this morning. 18 degrees may not sound like a heat wave but it's warmer than we've been so far this week . We should be in the 30's by tomorrow. Maybe my poor frozen self will thaw out.

Today will be a FANTASTIC Friday here at my house. I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC day too.

'On Ya'-ma


4 comments:

jack69 said...

Each day is a new start with all kinds of possibilities.
unquote

That statement sums it up. another good entry. I hope it is a fantastic day for you, all 'round.

Coming from Florida, LOVE

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree everyday is a new start with all kinds of possibilities. Love that quote. I try to live the same way too. I do fail at times and those are the days when nothing seems to go right. Yet I've learnt you pick yourself up and keep right on going. Those I call my "learning days". Hope your day is wonderful. Hugs

Barbara said...

Glad your weather is warming up for you.

Sybil said...

Oh if only Ma we coudl all follow these wise words...we try...but..we so often fail. Thank goodness we have an understanding God..
Glad you are getting a bit warmer. Spring has certainly arrived here ysterday Mary and I saw our first wee lambs in a field on our way into Bath..lots of little twins white and black prancing about together, they coudl teach us something
Much Love Sybil xx