It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Chapter 2, Page 1, Book 2011

No exercise is better for the human heart than reaching down to lift up another person.

Tim Russert

It's TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday!

Today is Spunky Old Broads Day, a day for celebration for spunky ladies over 50.

Spunky is an old fashioned word

The adjective SPUNKY has 2 senses:

1. showing courage
2. willing to face danger

Spunky old broads are positive, and fun mature women over the age of 50 who refuse to sit back quietly and get old. They want excitement! They want a regret free life! They want calcium supplements! They've got attitude, They've got spunk, they've got enthusiasm for life.

The best known old spunky broads that I could think of are The Golden Girls. It is a series which stars actress Betty White, that airs often on one of our TV stations and although it is reruns I still like to watch it.

It's also GO RED for Heart Health Month. I'll be wearing my red. Did you know that the #1 killer of women in America is Heart Disease. It's good to take care of your heart all year long but February is a great time to raise your heart health awareness.

Did you know that RED foods including red apples, red cherries, red berries, red peppers, red tomatoes, and red beans are very nutritious and heart healthy

So even if you are not over 50, wear your red, be full of spunk and enjoy all the excitement life has to offer!

There's my TERRIFIC 2's for Tuesday!

Have a TERRIFIC day everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I love watching the "Golden Girls." It's so hilarious! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Scrappy quilter said...

This is just the best post. I'm sitting here chuckling because I'm what everyone calls "spunky". I'm off to work this morning. Hope your day is great. Hugs

jack69 said...

Stopped by to say enjoy the month, and I am sure you will.

Love from Florida! (stay warm)

Rose said...

Loved this post!

Thanks for the chuckles.

grammy said...

I love that quote...
we are both fortunate to have little ones to pick up (o:
I eat red peppers...yummmm