It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chapter 1, Page19, Book 11

As you read the words of wisdom I do hope you can figure out who this is before you get to the bottom

Who Am I, Do You Know

I am the foundation of all business.
I am the source of all prosperity.
I am the parent of genius.
I am the salt that gives life its savour.
I have laid the foundation of every fortune.
I can do more to advance youth than his own parents, be they ever so wealthy.
I must be loved before I can bestow my greatest blessings and achieve my greatest ends.
Loved, I make life sweet, purposeful and fruitful.
I am represented in the humblest savings, in the largest block of investments.
All progress springs from me.

I AM WORK.


It's WONDERFUL Wednesday and I'm thinking how great it is to be able to do the kind of work I love and love what I do today.


I'm retired but it certainly doesn't mean that I don't do any kind of work anymore. But loving what you do hardly makes it seem like work. I remember how desolate my Dad was when he could no longer do the work he liked to do. He was very depressed in those days because he never did anything just because he couldn't do what he wanted to do.

That was a sad thing to see for sure. I'm not ever going to get to that point in life. There are just too many things I love to do. It's best that we increase the many things that we like to do. Having just one love is too limiting. Years of working at a desk job in an office seemed very limiting to me at the time. I yearned for the time I would have to do the things I liked to do, but it was a means to an end and afforded me the things in life that made all the work worthwhile.

Like most people I know I've always wanted a good life. But the good life I imagined wasn't full of cars, clothes and fancy homes. The life I have wanted included things like smiling more and worrying less. If we live better, a better life is sure to come. Hug and love your family, show kindness to everyone, Keep an interest in those around you. Be creative and allow your imagination to flow.

That is truly a wonderful life to me!

It's a WONDERFUL Day here at my house, I hope it's a wonderful one for you too.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Kath said...

I agree Ma.My idea of the Good Life is being Healthy and being able to do all you mention here.I am so happy you have a Good Life.You deserve it.Material things don't mean a thing.Have a Wonderful Wednesday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Scrappy quilter said...

Yes, the Worker is our precious Savior, Jesus. I'm so glad He is the worker. It's cold here today so going to do some cleaning and then quilting. Hope you have a wonderful Wed. Hugs

Kathy said...

Well said MA. I think the good life is having health rather than wealth. Money is great but having just enough to be comfortable is good and nothing can replace your health. Also time to do all the things you've wanted to do and didn't have the time for when working. Enjoy your day today. Hugs

Sybil said...

I so agree with you Ma. I am always so sorry for folks who retire and stagnate from lack of motivation to get out and "do" something whatever...
You were commenting on a blog earlier abouut cost of petrol..gas..I paid £1.30 litre today thats eqiv. to $6 a gallon !!!
Love Sybil xx

jack69 said...

For a surity, we need to find alternatives when we cannot 'lift tha bale.'

Sometimes I tink I have too many things I like to do, and just don't have the time to do them.

peggy said...

It IS wonderful, working makes me happy.