It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 9, Book 11

Start Over

When you’ve trusted Jesus and walked his way
When you’ve felt his hand lead you day by day
But your steps now take you another way,
start over.

When you’ve made your plans and they’ve gone awry
When you’ve tried your best and there’s no more try
When you’ve failed yourself and you don’t know why,
start over.

When you’ve told your friends what you plan to do
When you’ve trusted them and they didn’t come through
And now you’re all alone and it’s up to you,
start over.

When you’ve failed your kids and they’re grown and gone
When you’ve done your best but it’s turned out wrong
And now your grandchildren have come along,
start over.

When you’ve prayed to God so you’ll know his will
When you’ve prayed and prayed and you don’t know still
When you want to stop cause you’ve had your fill,
start over.

When you think you’re finished and want to quit
When you’ve bottomed out in life’s deepest pit
When you’ve tried and tried to get out of it,
start over.

When the year has been long and successes few
When December comes and you’re feeling blue
God gives a January just for you,
start over.


Starting over means Victories Won
Starting over means A Race Well Run
Starting over means The Lord’s Will Done

We need not just sit there … START OVER.

Author unknown


Starting over is one thing I try to do every day, but especially on Sundays. It's my day for Rest and Relaxation, Renewal and Refreshment. It's the day I set aside for Restoration and Rest. Without it I sure wouldn't be much good for the week ahead.

Thankfully we all get a chance to start over. Each new day gives us a fresh beginning. Every day is different and I sure wouldn't want to try and predict what it could bring either. As long as you're going through this day, you might as well experience it in the best way you can.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail

Ralph Waldo Emerson

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

LOLAH!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Linda said...

I love the words for today! I think I am going to print out that little poem and hang where I can see it everyday!
Linda

Hollie said...

I'm Starting Over Today also! I hope you have a wonderful day of Rest & Renewal! Stay warm warm & be careful!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Happy Sunday!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Again I love the Author Unknown. What great words of wisdom. Starting over sometimes is very difficult, however so well worth it. Hugs

jack69 said...

Good advice in that piece.

Also love Emerson's quote.
And it is getting back up that counts, not how many times you have fallen.

One champion Boxer said I win because I get up the same # of times I am knocked down.

From Florida, Stay warm

grammy said...

Love it
God's Grace is also a wonderful way to start over each day. We are having snow here in Colorado...brrr