It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 8, Book 11

SUPER SATURDAY

Choose to love. . . rather than hate.
Choose to laugh. . . rather than cry.
Choose to create. . . rather than destroy.
Choose to persevere. . . rather than quit.
Choose to praise. . . rather than gossip.
Choose to heal. . . rather than wound.
Choose to give. . . rather than steal.
Choose to act. . . rather than procrastinate.
Choose to grow. . . rather than rot.
Choose to pray. . . rather than curse.
Choose to live. . . rather than die.

Og Mandino

The choices we make in life are totally ours. No one can make them for us. We might like to think sometimes that our lives are controlled by others, but ultimately it is up to us to choose wisely.

The ordinary things of life can become special depending on my attitude and how I go about them. Such ordinary things as getting up each morning; cooking, eating, and clearing up after meals; housework; helping somebody who doesn’t seem grateful, are all things that happen every day for most of us.

All these ordinary things of life can become extraordinary by a positive attitude.

Other than more snow falling, today will be an ordinary one here at my house but I'm so thankful to have it.

Life is a happy thing, a festival to be enjoyed rather than a drudgery to be endured

Luci Swindoll

Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

13 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning MA! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! God Bless you! I'm catching up...can you tell? Thank you for this wonderful post, I've heard for so long that attitude is everything. I love your new look on your blog!! It's wonderful!
Hugs Sharon

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Snowing here, too!!
Stay safe and warm......

jack69 said...

Life is a happy thing, a festival to be enjoyed rather than a drudgery to be endured

My thought today also, Thanks for posting the quote.

Linda :) said...

We took a drive yesterday to play in the snow... so pretty and so much fun but cold.... Happy Saturday!! :)

Linda said...

I am choosing to have a great attitude! It makes life so much nicer! Linda

Scrappy quilter said...

Snowing here too!! Love your attitude, always so positive and so uplifting. Thanks for sharing your heart. Hope your day is wonderful. Hugs

Hollie said...

I'm so thankful for my warm home also. They are still predicting a Winter Storm for us starting tomorrow night. We will see. Stay warm...

Buttercup said...

I'm choosing a relaxed day. Bible study this afternoon -- we're al most finished with 2Samuel -- and blog visiting and cooking later in the day. The photo of the sky is lovely!

Sybil said...

Hope your snow stops to let you to church in the morning,
It would be wondeful if everyone coudl adopt that attitude to life.
Love Sybil x

peggy said...

Looks like we are all having snow. It is just beautiful and we have sunshine too. I enjoyed your post today, I am a little under the weather but not so much I can't visit.

grammy said...

Life is definitely full of choices
I like the quote by Lucy Swindol
I really like her...I have not heard her speak in a long time.

Kathy said...

How right you are. Only we are responsible for our actions. Hope the snow doesn't keep you from doing what you want to do. Have a good weekend.

Martha (MM) said...

Have I mentioned that I think you are awesome? Hope your new year is a wonderful one :-)