It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 5, Book 11


This rooster hangs on my kitchen wall and I always hang something seasonal from his foot. The little ornament hanging there for January was a gift from DDIL#1 and the saying on it says:

Too much of a good thing is WONDERFUL.


It's WONDERFUL Wednesday!

One of the things I see on people's list of New Years Resolutions this time of year is diets. I gave up dieting years ago. But I do eat balanced meals with a variety of things and I think that is important for all of us.

One article I read made the following suggestions for preparing your meals

5 to 10 servings of fruit and vegetables a day, although more of the latter than the former

6 to 10 servings of complex carbohydrates a day, which incorporates rice, pasta, bread and cereals

2 or 3 helpings of calcium-based products, which includes milk, cheese and yoghurt

2 to 3 servings of meat, poultry or fish a day o provide the body with protein

A large amount of fiber throughout the day, which can also be found in the cereals, fruit and vegetables mentioned above

A well balanced diet can boost your health, but a poor diet that does not fulfill all bodily nutritional requirements can actually cause it to deteriorate.

I'm sure that my meals do not include enough fruits or vegetables and most of the time I would not eat that many servings of anything in one day, so that is something I'm working on. I do love my oranges and apples and always have them on hand.

When it comes right down to it, I really don't think it matters what size or shape you are. Of course sometimes weight can mean a problem to your health. Then you have to consider what's best for you. Being too thin is as much of a problem as being overweight. Each and everyone of us is different and what affects one does not always affect another in the same way.

We are all wonderfully and beautifully made. Each of us is unique and we wouldn't want it otherwise . To be the same as everyone else would make for a dull world for sure. Yet so many try to be like everyone else. That's a whole other subject that I could go on about.

I'm in shape. Round is a shape... isn't it?

Author Unknown


Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Kath said...

Thankyou for the smile today.I loved the... "Round is a shape isn'y it"?.Thats what I am becoming Heeeeeeeee.Not to worry health as you say,is far more important,we carn't do much without it.I wonder if my Rooster would like hanging on the door He-Hee.Have a Wonderful Wednesday Ma.I hope DS and Babe got rested too.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Scrappy quilter said...

I enjoyed reading this today. I always think balance when it comes to eating healthy...I just haven't found that balance yet. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

jack69 said...

Good entry and good advice. We try to eat ehalthy but not always possible. Once we start meeting friends we end up at some restaurant or fast food place.

Both of us are holding our weight well, but still want to drop 5-10 lbs.

Take care and STOP encouraging Sonya up in nashville, about the Droid. hahahahahaha!

Be good and have a great day, STAY WARM! LOVE from here.

Elizabeth said...

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks for your visits and comments on my blog!

Buttercup said...

This is one of the issues I have been thinking about today and will post about later. Have made great strides in healthier eating in 2010 and really putting a focus on fruits and veggies for the year ahead. Have a terrific Thursday!