It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 31, Book 11

Today is Merry Monday here at my house. I always try to make the most out of every day, but sometimes Mondays are a rude awakening after a busy weekend.

It was a wonderfully busy weekend for me and we had good weather too for Ohio in January and all the roads were clear and all those in my family that had to travel made it home safely and that was great news for me.

Today I'll be back to normal in that it is my day to have our little Mr. Wonderful here and you know that is always good news for me. He is 5 months old going on 6 months now and doing more and more things all the time and growing like a little weed too.

As this is the last day of January I just wanted to mention that we've had several losses in blogger land this month. One in particular was a friend that will be dearly missed by me and many others and that was Angie. Just last week I read her post saying she wasn't feeling well and by the end of the week we were told she was gone. May she rest in peace and may our dear Lord bless and comfort the loved ones she left behind.

I've made a lot of friends and acquaintances over the years and I try to keep in touch with replies to those who make an entry. I've never met any in person, but they touch my life and when suddenly they are gone it leaves a void just like I'd feel as if I knew them personally.

Please know that when I wish you a MERRY Monday or a terrific Tuesday or a Fantastic Friday, I do mean it. My wishes come from the heart even though I'm not always good at saying what I mean.

Life is so precious. It is truly a gift. Don't waste a moment of it. We are here for such a short time and gone in a flash.

May all your days be MERRY and bright!

'On Ya'-ma

12 comments:

LYN said...

I'm reeling from the shock of Angie's fast passing too...just reading about her new fireplace and then boom gone! A reminder of just how precious each day is and how we must make the most out of each an every one..

Sonya said...

I guess I did not have Angie in my blog circle and feel I missed out on knowing her. I wish her family well and I am sorry that you all have lost a good blog friend. Take care.
Sonya

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Happy Monday...!!

Midlife Mom said...

I lost a blogger friend last year and although I had never met her in person we had a lovely friendship. I was just devastated when I found out she had passed away at a very early age. We make wonderful friends through cyberspace and get to know so much about each other through our writing on our blogs. So sorry you lost one of your good friends.

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe friend, you have a wonderful way with words.. Be encouraged today. Your comments have always encouraged me. So sorry for the loss of Angie. Hugs

Debbie said...

I agree with you...each day is precious. WE never know from one moment to the next.
I'm sorry to hear about Angie.
Hugs,
Debbie@lakehouse

Hollie said...

I too didn't get a chance to know Angie. I know it was my loss! I'm so sorry to hear of this, & will be praying for her dear family & friends!

Kathy said...

I don't think I know Angie either but that doesn't make me any less sad for her family and all her friends in blogland and out. I pray that her soul is at rest with the Lord and for her grieving family. I hope your week is good and that you enjoy that little munchkin. How lucky you are to watch him grow and change every day.

jack69 said...

I always say, one day that will be ME. I am always dorry to hear of a passing of a friend here or otherwise.
Love to you from Florida, I know your week will be great!

Ally Lifewithally said...

I will miss Angie she was such a breath of fresh air Her blog was delightful and she had a wonderful sense of humour ~ My sympathies are with her loved ones ~ there are many of us who will miss her ~ Ally x

grammy said...

So true... we never know what the next moment holds. A blog friend has a post of a home video of the 9/11. Filming the World Trade canter from her apartment. No one had a clue what that day would hold.

Barbara said...

Yes it is amazing how well we get to know some people yet have never met here in Blogland.