It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 03, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 3, Book 11

This is the plaque that I painted for my sisters for their Christmas gift.


As we look into 2011 we look at a block of time. We see 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, or 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, 31,536,000 seconds. And all is a gift from God. We have done nothing to deserve it, earn it, or purchase it. Like the air we breathe, time comes to us as a part of life.

The gift of time is not ours alone. It is given equally to each person. Rich and poor, educated and ignorant, strong and weak – every man, woman and child has the same 1440 minutes every day.

Another important thing about time is that you cannot stop it. There is no way to slow it down, turn it off, or adjust it. Time marches on.

And you cannot bring back time. Once it is gone, it is gone. Yesterday is lost forever. If yesterday is lost, tomorrow is uncertain. We may look ahead at a full year’s block of time, but we really have no guarantee that we will experience any of it.

Obviously, time is one of our most precious possessions. We can waste it. We can worry over it. We can spend it on ourselves.

The new year is full of time. As the seconds tick away, will you be tossing time out the window, or will you make every minute count?


Today is MERRY Monday!

Did you ever stop to think about how many clocks you have in your house? It seems every where I look there is another clock here. My kitchen alone has 4 of them. Time is so important to us all that we like to know what time it is and often that means a quick look at our wrists where we wear our watches.

When I retired, I stopped wearing my watch. I thought that I'd no longer need to know what time of day it was, but now I'm caring for my youngest grand son and so on the days I have him, I need to know what time it is. My time is his time so to speak. Time and people are two things we all need and spending time with those you love is time well spent.

There is a time and season for everything under heaven.

Today is a time to be Merry. We have ended an old year and begun a new one. We have a new week ahead of us too. Today is Monday! Have a Merry Day everyone!

'On Ya'- ma



6 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow, about the clocks. I've never thought about it, but just off the top of my head I count 12 clocks in the house & I'm sure there's more! Wonderful post as always & something to make one think. Enjoy every tick of that clock....I know I'm going to also.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Same here....lots of clocks, counting the ones on the bottom right side of the computer screens...!!

Yikes....Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

We don't have many clocks in our home. Years ago I got rid of my watch. I decided to see how many clocks we have. One in the kitchen, one in each bedroom along with hubby has a watch and C has a watch. That's it. Oh I forgot, the computer has a clock too. Again another wonderful post. Hugs

grammy said...

time is a touchy subject
sometimes we let it slip by...but then again it is alright to just be....but it is hard to teach yourself to do it. The older we get...the harder it is to see minutes...hours ..days go by. But that is life.
I don't have the right words...but this post really makes me ponder (o:

jack69 said...

Good entry. Time is important, no matter how we cut it. Someone associated with us is 'on-the-clock' and we try to keep from intruding.

But we are over-conscience of the time when we need not be. We all have the same amount of time in a day, some use it more wisely.

From Florida

Buttercup said...

I have three clocks -- not counting the computer. I try to pick times on the weekend and not wear my watch. I still have the time on my phone, but it gets me away from thinking about where or what else I have to do and just enjoying what I am doing. I don't do it often enough, but it's a good feeling.