It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 28, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 28, Book 11

What comes from the heart, goes to the heart.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

It is finally Friday and it's a FANTASTIC one at that!

It's been a busy week at my house. Three out of five I've had my little Mr. Wonderful here. Mid week I did get in the basement and managed at least 6 garbage bags full of things to go out to the trash. Am I done? By no means.

Today I'm getting ready for a weekend celebration with some of my family. Every year we gather at the end of January to do the Stroll for Epilepsy and to celebrate January birthdays. As usual not all of them will be present, but I'm thankful for the ones that can be there.

My grand daughter who I've nicknamed my Sweetheart suffers from Epilepsy and it has quite disabled her. She is amazing though. She really never lets it get her down. And her family has embraced her disabilities and they don't let it get them down either. She is a very unique and special girl.

The Stroll we are doing is to raise money for the Epilepsy Foundation. They do wonderful things for those with this disease and I am going to be walking along with my family in support of our Sweetheart.

I will hopefully have a picture or two for you of this years Stroll on Sunday.

I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC Day!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh MA!Be sure to bundle up well! Brrrr! What a darling grandson you have! It's not hard to see why you call him, "Mr. Wonderful!" God bless you,
Sharon

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The picture today is of our Sweetheart. My granddaughter.

Scrappy quilter said...

Your granddaughter is so cute. I hope the walk goes well and the weather co-operates. Wishing too that lots of money is raised. Hugs

jack69 said...

Your Sweetheart is a Sweetheart. Yeah I know the walk willl be cool, but anyone scheduling that know you guys are tough anyway!!!

Good on you with the basement. Keep it up you will get there that is for sure.

Jean said...

Your granddaughter is a cutie and she has a wonderful grandmother. I hope all goes well and a lots of money is raised.

Debbie said...

Bless your heart for doing the walk.
Sounds like you've accomplished quite a bit in a short period of time.
What a beautiful child!!! Her eyes are gorgeous!
Enjoy your weekend~~~~
Debbie@lakehouse