It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 26, Book 11

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Cecil Frances Alexander, Hymn, All Things Bright and Beautiful

It's WONDERFUL Wednesday here at my house today. I've got my work planned out for the day and hopefully with the good Lord's help I'll be getting a lot done.

I had planned to have my basement all organized and ship shape by the end of January and I'm far from it. That means that today and what's left of the week will be the days to get it all done.

There is so much down there that it is overwhelming when I look at it, but the only way I'll finish is to begin. It maybe that there are some wonderful creatures living beneath all the piles but I seriously doubt it.

I've a clothes rack in the back corner that hasn't seen daylight in a few years so I'm hoping that today will be the day. Since nothing there has been seen much less worn in all this time it is all going to be packed away and set out for the rubbish. I put several bags full out already and it was a good feeling.

It will be wonderful for me to have it all done.
I hope your day is a WONDERFUL one too

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

Have a great day organizing! It will be wonderful when you get done!

Ally Lifewithally said...

wish you good luck with all the cleaning you have to do ~ sounds like a very big Job ~ but how wonderful you are going to feel when it is all done ~ Ally x

Scrappy quilter said...

have a great day organizing. I've been working on my sewing room and it's finally finished. It feels so good to have things all organized. Hugs

peggy said...

I have those same feelings and quite a few of my friends do as well. When you look at it as a whole, it is overwhelming, so you don't tackle it. I try to get myself to just work around the edges and whittle a little once in a while. Sometimes that works.

jack69 said...

Okay mate, get to the basement today and tidy up and tiddivate. Easier said than done, even in a motor home, but you know about storage in the RV don't you?
have a good one!

grammy said...

Good luck...you will feel so much better with each bag that goes out. It really helped me to see my MIL's house...she is 88 and the house is wall to wall STUFF...and the basement is worse. She has passed the age where she will willingly part with things. We try to help...she won't let us. So we will have to deal with it someday...and I look at my house and my stuff and I think...I don't want the kids to have to deal with junk someday (o: It helps me clear out STUFF.

Jean said...

I need to being do the same thing we don't have a basement but the house and the storage building could use some packing up and throwing away.Hope your day goes well.