It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 24, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 24, Book 11

It's MERRY MONDAY and I am thinking that...

Sometimes we need to remember WHAT the Rules of Life really are.

Never give yourself a haircut.

You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.

The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are I apologize and You are right.

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.

If he/she says that you are too good for him/her - believe them.

Learn to pick your battles. Ask yourself, Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?

If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!

Living well really is the best revenge. Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that the other person was right about you.

Work is good, but it's not that important.

And finally; Be really nice to your friends and family. You never know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.

I am always reading articles on line and one of them introduced me to a new word

What is a Bubbee
pronounced buh-bee

In case you didn't know Bubbee is an old world term for Grandmother.
How rich life can be when you’ve had a full life and there’s still room for more. I’m in the sweet spot of life: after child rearing and enjoying retirement. Who knew the empty nest was lined with silver?

This season of my life is supposedly know as winter. The winter of my life is all about knowing that eventually Winter turns into Spring. Spring is a time when the world comes alive and what we find the treasures hidden in the snow. I'm going to be looking for treasures this Spring too.

No matter what life brings, there are always some treasures to behold.
Old or young we go through the winter days and look forward to Spring.

This will be another MERRY MONDAY at my house. Mr. Wonderful will be here and I'll be sharing lots of hugs and smiles with him today!

I hope your Monday is a MERRY one too.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Love this post...another season in our life. We are in the same space and we love it. Retirement is special...there is just something about it that is so different, isn't there. Glad you are enjoying yours. Hugs

grammy said...

Lots of great info
I had never heard Buhbee as Grandma (o:
I love the idea of if you wake up in the morning...celebrate because you just received a new chance!!!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

MA! I wish that you would put your daily's into a book! I would buy several for my friends and family. You are a most inspirational writer, down to earth and with common sense. We are lacking your talents today. Please write a book Please???
Hugs!Sharon

jack69 said...

Quote:
Living well really is the best revenge. Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that the other person was right about you.

Unquote

I love that. The rest was good, but the trip over was worth the read, just for that.

Thanks.