It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 18, Book 11

Hold on to family and friends; they are the most important people in your life, and they make the world a better place. They are your roots and the beginnings that you grew from; they are the vine that has grown through time to nourish you, help you on your way, and always remain close by.

It's Terrific TWO'S Tuesday!

FAMILY is one of the most important things in my life. We all start and end with family.
From Comments seen on a Genealogy Support Group . . . .

My family coat of arms ties at the back ... is that normal?

My family tree is a few branches short! All help appreciated.

My ancestors must be in a witness protection program!

Shake your family tree and watch the nuts fall!

My hobby is genealogy, I raise dust bunnies as pets.

How can one ancestor cause so much TROUBLE?!

I looked into my family tree and found out I was a sap ...

I'm not stuck, I'm ancestrally challenged.

I'm searching for myself; Have you seen me?

If only people came with pull-down menus and on-line help ...

Isn't genealogy fun? The answer to one problem leads to two more!

It's 2011 ... Do you know where your G-G-Grandparents are?

A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots.

A new cousin a day keeps the boredom away.

After 30 days unclaimed ancestors will be adopted.

Am I the only person up my tree ... sure seems like it.

Any family tree produces some lemons, some nuts, and a few bad apples.

Ever find an ancestor HANGING from the family tree?

FLOOR: The place for storing your priceless genealogy records.

Gene-Allergy: It's a contagious disease but I love it.

Genealogists are time unravels.

Genealogy is like playing hide and seek: They hide ... I seek!

Genealogy: Tracing yourself back to better people.

Crazy is a relative term in my family.

A pack rat is hard to live with but makes a fine ancestor.

I want to find ALL of them! So far I only have a few thousand.

I Should have asked them BEFORE they died!

I think my ancestors had several Bad heir days.

I'm always late. My ancestors arrived on the JUNE flower.

Only a Genealogist regards a step backwards, as progress.

Share your knowledge, it is a way to achieve immortality.

Heredity: Everyone believes in it until their children act like fools!

It's an unusual family that hath neither a lady of the evening or a thief.

Many a family tree needs pruning.

Shh! Be very, very quiet ... I'm hunting forebears.

Snobs talk as if they had begotten their own ancestors!

That's strange: half my ancestors are WOMEN!

I'm not sick, I've just got fading genes.

Genealogists live in the past lane.

Cousins marrying cousins: Very tangled roots!

Alright! Everybody out of the gene pool!

Always willing to share my ignorance ...

Documentation ... The hardest part of genealogy.

Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!

Genealogy ... will I ever find time to mow the lawn again?

That's the problem with the gene pool: NO Lifeguards.

I researched my family tree ... and apparently I don't exist!
Author Unknown
It is fun to trace your family tree and we've done a lot of that at my house. To know who your ancestors were is a good thing. On my husbands side of the family we recently found out that for 5 generations the men have all died from heart attacks. My husband died of one too. So now my boys are forewarned and know to keep an eye on that. Of course that wasn't the only thing we found going back in time, but it was one of the most important

Another thing that is very important to me is my faith.

God Answers
For all the negative things we say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it

You say: It's impossible
God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say: I'm too tired
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: Nobody really loves me
God says: I love you (John 3:16 and John 13:34)

You say: I can't go on
God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 and Psalm 91:15)

You say: I can't figure things out
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: I can't do it
God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

You say: I'm not able
God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: It's not worth it
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28)

You say: I can't forgive myself
God says: I FORGIVE YOU (I John 1:9 and Romans 8:1)

You say: I can't manage
God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say: I'm afraid
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: I'm always worried and frustrated
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say: I don't have enough faith
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)

You say: I'm not smart enough
God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: I feel all alone
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Pass this on -- you never know whose life might need this today!


The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble;
and He knoweth them that trust in Him. (Nahum 1:7)

Author unknown
There you have it my 2 for Tuesday!
Family and Faith
I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC ONE!
'On Ya'-ma

He who thinks most of heaven will do most for earth
anonymous

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What a great post. I love coming here and reading you first thing in the morning. It always encourages, always brings a smile to my face and I learn so much. Who knew if you shook your family tree, nuts would fall out, lol. I loved that one!!! My mom did a family search years ago. Unfortunately she threw out all the info she found. Hope you have a wonderful Tues. Hugs

jack69 said...

WOW, lots of good stuff. I loved the comments about geneology.

Scripture holds so many answers as you have pointed out.

But as for family, I would like to know more, but I guess I am too lazy. We cannot go back much farther than one G-grandpa. (I never thought but as one comment said, maybe they are in the Witnes protection plan!!) hahahahaha

Thanks

Kath said...

I loved the post today Ma.I have a pillow which my sister bought me a few years ago now.The quote saying."My faily tree is full of nuts".I wonder why she bought me that LOL!!!Have a Terrific Tuesday.I hope Babe is good when you look after him today.Bless him.He sounds to be coming on realy well.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one ~ Thanks for a lovely read ~ Ally x

grammy said...

That was a lot of info there
and very useful
I do a little genealogy stuff...
I know some people that get totally immersed in it. I would rather spend that time with the family that is here (o: