It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 15, Book 11

When something feels right, that means it is right for you. Pay attention to your authentic feelings, and follow where they lead.

Ralph Marston

It's SUPER Saturday

Did you hear on the news that our astrological sign may have changed. They've developed a new chart now due to changes in our planetarium outlay. Maybe that is why I'm feeling differently lately. After years of being a Pieces, I'm now an Aquarius. I really don't pay attention to horoscopes but I do know I used to be a Pieces and to think that has changed leaves me feeling a little unsettled.

Feeling as described in the dictionary

noun
1. the function or the power of perceiving by touch.
2. physical sensation not connected with sight, hearing, taste, or smell.
3. a particular sensation of this kind: a feeling of warmth; a feeling of pain.
4. the general state of consciousness considered independently of particular sensations, thoughts, etc.
5. a consciousness or vague awareness: a feeling of inferiority.
6. an emotion or emotional perception or attitude: a feeling of joy; a feeling of sorrow.
7. capacity for emotion, esp. compassion: to have great feeling for the sufferings of others.
8. a sentiment; attitude; opinion: The general feeling was in favor of the proposal.
9. feelings, sensibilities; susceptibilities: to hurt one's feelings.
10. fine emotional endowment.
11. (in music, art, etc.)a.emotion or sympathetic perception revealed by an artist in his or her work: a poem without feeling.
b.the general impression conveyed by a work: a landscape painting with a spacious feeling.
c.sympathetic appreciation, as of music: to play with feeling.

We all have lots of different kinds of feeling. I have a good feeling about Saturdays.

There is nothing like the feeling we get when walking into a warm house on a freezing day to brighten the spirits! Warmth is the ultimate basic need in the winter. Even when I'm feeling cold inside I grab my soft warm cosy shawl that I made and cuddle up with it. That feels so good.

But there are other feelings that make for a cold day too. Some times we can receive cold looks from people that freeze us right down to the toes. Those people are the ones I try to avoid at all costs.

What a blessing to be warm and surrounded by loved ones who want you to be cozy and happy!

I'm feeling warm and staying inside today.

Have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

It was 24 here last night.
I am enjoying our fireplace this morning.
Sounds like you are good and warm too. Enjoy your weekend.

Midlife Mom said...

It is brutally cold here and I am feeling so thankful for my furnace that is happily humming away. Wow! What a lot of meanings for the word feelings!

I heard that about the astrological signs too. I was an Aries but don't know enough about it to know what I am now! ha!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Donna said...

It turns out the "new" horoscope was something somebody came up with 100 years ago, and it's pretty much of a farce. Not that I follow horoscopes. I refuse to believe that everyone born under that cancer sign is just like me.
Rather than letting the stars guide my life, I prefer to look to the Maker of the stars.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree with that one! The maker of the stars is the perfect guide.