It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 14, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 14, Book 11

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars

Henry Van Dyke

It's Fantastic Friday!

Just knowing that today is another chance for me to rejoice and be glad in it, is a reason to call today FANTASTIC.

A new year is an exciting time for all of us all. Sometimes we find ourselves ready to glide into them like a speed skater in full stride. Sometimes we fear catastrophe, a landslide. Most often we look forward to the journey with a mixture of trepidation and excitement. It all comes back to that basic human principle: We don’t know what life will bring, so it is what we bring to life that matters. I for one want to slide into this new year gracefully.

Each day we are confronted with problems and circumstances that test our peace and contentment. I've found that true contentment is experienced through living in the presence of God, the present God has given us, and with the people God has led into our lives.

When I think about it, my true treasure is found at home, with friends or family, alone or together I don't need to search for wealth any further than my own front door

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

Jack London

Like Jack London, I believe that you have to use our time wisely. Sitting alone and brooding about what is wrong in your life is a waste. Pursue life with all you have in you. There is cause to rejoice and be glad in every day.

Today I'm glad the snow has stopped, at least for now, and I'm going to celebrate by having two of my good friends for lunch today.

Today is going to be a FANTASTIC day here at my house, I hope it will be fantastic day at your house too!

Live your life with spirit and deep feeling.

'On Ya'-ma


2 comments:

jack69 said...

I like Jack's attitude also.

WE need to be thankful and live our lives in search of happiness. If we do that we will find some.

Brooding only brings out a sour person
Love ya

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, we need to be careful how we spend our time. We only have so many days on this earth, we need to value each of them. I too like Jack's attitude. Hope Friday is a good one for you. Hugs