It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 13, Book 11

Any path we walk can be of value if we pay attention to what we find along the way

When we are young, our lives may seem most of the time like level paths, smooth-going with scarcely a tree root or an icy patch to trip us up. But as we grow older and the plots and treks of our lives get more complex, our lives and our faith are more often defined by the hills we must climb, by the sweeping upslopes, the sometimes steep and rocky mountain paths, the strenuous treks we must take, fraught with perils and pitfalls.

In our advanced years, the climbs may seem relentless, wearying.

Our lives are covered in a more powerful way that does not sweep us away so much as carry us along.

When it is part of your heart, you have the ability to conquer any obstacles life may throw at you

Your life can change at any time, from harmonious to difficult. The reality is that you have no control over circumstances that may turn your life upside down

There is something you can control. That something is your reaction to the situation.

Bits and pieces from my daily devotions this week.

On this THANKFUL Thursday I'm so very grateful that I've had a good map to follow on my journey through life.

Maps are so helpful and today the one I'm talking about is the one found in the Bible. Probably due to my wonderful maternal grandmother I was introduced to the scriptures about the same time I learned to read.

When we have spiritual reserves to tap into we are blessed and if I forget where these are stored, someone is always close to remind me. The wonderful Words of Life are my GUARANTEE that I'll reach my final destination and even though the trip will have twists and turns, mountains and valleys to cross, I'll be just fine in the end.

After reading the bits and pieces of my reflections this week, I felt I had to write a little about what they were saying to me.

I'm always thankful for all the blessings the good Lord sends my way but today I'm especially thankful for His wonderful Words of Life.

Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance toward the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point. Climb slowly, steadily, enjoying each passing moment; and the view from the summit will serve as a fitting climax for the journey

Harold B. Melcharth

I hope your Thursday will be one in which you can be THANKFUL too.

LOLAH!

'On Ya'-ma


5 comments:

Hollie said...

Wonderful entry! I feel as though I'm rolling down one of those hills at the moment, but I'm sure I'll right myself with God's help, pick myself up, brush off & move on.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! You will never know what they mean to me.

jack69 said...

As always, thankfulness and good advice.
The quotes from great people of expression, are always a kick to my day.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful post. I love that the Bible is our guidance and has the answers we need. I can't imagine going through life without it and without my faith. Hope you have a beautiful Thurs. Hugs

Barbara said...

Everyday is a day to be thankful for no matter what.

Kath said...

I am always thankful for small mercy's Ma.Yes I have had hills to climb and got knocked back down them plenty, but I know he keeps helping me back up them.God is Good.Lovely post as usual you do help so many of us,with your wondeful words..TakeCare God Bless