Today is WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!
A wonderful thing to do this time of year is to reflect back on the past year and see what things you might have done differently and try to improve on them for the new year. Thankfully there were very few regrets. That is not to say that there aren't areas in my life that need improvement. There is always some way I can do things better.
I would have liked to have started my painting earlier as it was a push to finish to have it all done before Christmas. And there were a few times I should have kept my mouth shut when I spoke out of turn.
Everyone has made poor choices or done something in their past that could possibly be labeled as regrettable. But, think about it. The fact that you are now able to look back and realize that a mistake or mis-step occurred means you have learned a valuable lesson. Some of my choices may have landed me in unpleasant circumstances, but experiencing these things certainly built my current character. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for those character building situations. Mistakes are stepping stones to an evolving life. No need for you to sink into regret or despair -- keep your chin up.
Ten Things You Will Never Regret:
1. Showing kindness to an aged person.
2. Destroying a letter written in anger.
3. Offering an apology that will save a friendship.
4. Stopping a scandal that was ruining a reputation.
5. Helping a boy or girl find themselves.
6. Taking time to show consideration to parents, friends, brothers and sisters.
7. Refraining from gossip when others around you delight in it.
8. Refusing to do a thing which is wrong, although others do it.
9. Living according to your convictions.
10. Accepting the judgment of God on any question.
Remember, nobody is perfect. Including yourself
Forgiveness is golden.
Live for today. Yesterday was then.
Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!