It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 12, Book 11

Today is WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

A wonderful thing to do this time of year is to reflect back on the past year and see what things you might have done differently and try to improve on them for the new year. Thankfully there were very few regrets. That is not to say that there aren't areas in my life that need improvement. There is always some way I can do things better.
I would have liked to have started my painting earlier as it was a push to finish to have it all done before Christmas. And there were a few times I should have kept my mouth shut when I spoke out of turn.

Everyone has made poor choices or done something in their past that could possibly be labeled as regrettable. But, think about it. The fact that you are now able to look back and realize that a mistake or mis-step occurred means you have learned a valuable lesson. Some of my choices may have landed me in unpleasant circumstances, but experiencing these things certainly built my current character. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for those character building situations. Mistakes are stepping stones to an evolving life. No need for you to sink into regret or despair -- keep your chin up.

Ten Things You Will Never Regret:

1. Showing kindness to an aged person.

2. Destroying a letter written in anger.

3. Offering an apology that will save a friendship.

4. Stopping a scandal that was ruining a reputation.

5. Helping a boy or girl find themselves.

6. Taking time to show consideration to parents, friends, brothers and sisters.

7. Refraining from gossip when others around you delight in it.

8. Refusing to do a thing which is wrong, although others do it.

9. Living according to your convictions.

10. Accepting the judgment of God on any question.

Remember, nobody is perfect. Including yourself

Forgiveness is golden.

Live for today. Yesterday was then.

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I definitely have some of those regrettable moments, but I feel as though I learned a valuable lesson from it. I feel it wasn't all in vain being I learned something! Have a wonderful day!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great Advice....Stay safe and warm....another inside day for me...

jack69 said...

This one is so good and has a wonderful point. Love the list and it is very true.

Have a great day, and stay warm. We get cold in Florida tonight, BUT WE will warm up!!!! I hope.lol

Kath said...

Wel Ma,I am sure we have all done things we regret in the past but the last year for me certainly wasn't one I wish to reflect back upon.Having said that I am grateful for everything that happens in my lifebe it good or bad as out of the dark comes light.Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could follow the ten steps above.Keep warm no snow here butvery cold and rainy today with high winds.Thankyou for your kind comments in my blog,they are much appreciated.Sorry I am not back to commenting daily as yet.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful advice. I think in learning from our mistakes it makes us better people, don't you. Have a beautiful day. Hugs

peggy said...

We do learn, don't we and tend to look back and beat ourselves up; but you are right and sometimes we need to be reminded not to. Love the list of yours. Hope your snow is the good kind.

grammy said...

What a great list to live by.
I try to live a life that does not always have to look back with regrets...
but it does occasionally happen ... then we have to pray and try to fix whatever the craziness was that happened (o: