It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 11, Book 11

Today is TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday

The news says there will be 2-4 more inches of snow today. That is at least two (2) more added to the 6 we already have. It is piling up around here again. Lately it seems all we do is talk about the weather.

Preparation can keep you from being blown off course. Many times during your life you’ll face some type of adversity such as the weather. The more prepared you are to handle it, the better off you’ll be at weathering the storm. As the old adage goes: you can’t control the wind, but you can adjust your sails!

I found this 2 Things Mime and thought it would be a fun thing to share with you all today

two names you go by: Ma and Pam

two parts of your heritage: Hungarian and English

two things that scare you: crazy drivers and horrible diseases

two everyday essentials: my computer and black coffee

two things you are wearing right now: sweat pants and a fleecy top

two things you want in a relationship (other than love): honesty and kindness

two favorite hobbies: knitting, and reading

two things you have to do this week: wipe down the kitchen cupboards and clean out the fridge

two stores you shop at: Big Lots and Aldi's

two favorite sports: walking and camping (I'm not sure if camping is a sport, but I couldn't think of anything else)

two shows you like to watch: I don't have a favorite but do like watching anything on HGTV and most movies on the Hallmark channel.

two things you’d buy if money were no object: A beach house big enough for all my family and a RV.

two wishes for 2011: health and happiness

There you have my 2 for a Terrific Tuesday! I hope your day is a Terrific one too.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

I loved reading your two for Tuesday!!! Our snow is still around with icing. I'm having another snow day! Thankfully I'm off the next two days...maybe by Friday things will be much better! Stay warm!

Angie said...

Here in my corner of England the snow is but a distant memory, for which we are thankful. According to the weatherman "the worst of the winter is behind us" and, in fact, we have (allegedly) 5° today but it feels much colder with a biting north easterly wind. We're lucky you and I that at least we don't have to turn out every day and can stay home and dry!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

My 2.....not having to go outside and a full pantry....!!

Enjoy

Midlife Mom said...

Love your list! Do you mind if I do it on my blog? I too LOVE the Hallmark Channel and HGTV, those are my two all time favorite stations and my tv is usually on on or the other! One thing on my bucket list is to rent an RV and go all around this wonderful country of ours and Canada and see the sights and hopefully meet up with some of you blogging buddies!

Scrappy quilter said...

What a great list of two's. I'd have to change hobbies to quilting and reading, otherwise we are pretty close in the two's. Hugs

grammy said...

i like that meme
i dont think i knew your name was pam
hi to pam from pam
i wold love a beach house too
and house in the mountains

Buttercup said...

I'd love the big beach house for my family, too, and my prayers for 2011 -- and always -- are health and happiness. And two essentials of my life are my computer, coffee with cream and prayer. The last is three, but it makes everything else work. Prayers and blessings for a wonderful Wednesday.