It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Chapter 1, Page 1, Book 11

Life is a book in volumes three--
The past, the present, and the yet-to-be.
The past is written and laid away,
The present we're writing every day,
And the last and best of volumes three
Is locked from sight -- God keeps the key.
Author Unknown


Happy New Year!

I've my new book open and am writing here on the 1st page of it this morning. I just love the feeling of fresh start.

A friend of mine always gives new calendars for a New Year gift and I think I'm going to start that tradition next year for my family and friends. We all like to have new Calendars for the New year. Blank calendars full of endless possibilities. 365 mornings and evenings, 52 fresh weeks, 4 new seasons and another full 12 months of holidays to be celebrated.

They say a good beginning makes for a good ending, so this afternoon I'll be cooking my pork roast and sauerkraut which is a tradition for New Years Day dinner in my family. I know many of you also have your own traditional meals too.. Most of these are thought to bring us prosperity and good fortune in the New Year.

My New Year wishes for you

I wish you Health...
So you may enjoy each day in comfort.

I wish you the Love of friends and family...
And Peace within your heart.

I wish you the Beauty of nature...
That you may enjoy the work of God.

I wish you Wisdom to choose priorities...
For those things that really matter in life.

I wish you Generousity so you may share...
All good things that come to you.

I wish you Happiness and Joy...
And Blessings for the New Year.

I wish you the best of everything...
That you so well deserve.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone!

'On Ya'- ma

May the JOY of the Lord be on each and everyone of you!

5 comments:

jack69 said...

And we wish you happiness to fill the 365 days coming up!
Peace and contentment that can only come from love and a clear conscience, a prayer that your health will hold.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!!!!

Hollie said...

Happy New Year! I love getting new calendars also! We will be having our traditional greens & black-eyed peas.

Scrappy quilter said...

Happy New Year. Can't wait to see what your book is going to reveal each day of this year. Hugs

Barbara said...

May you experience many blessings in this coming year.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

What a wonderful post to start out the new year!!
I hope you and your family have a fantastc 2011!