It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 9, Book 10

POSITIVE WAYS TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS

Put aside family disputes or differences, agree to disagree
Invite a stranger to your holiday dinner, make them smile
Believe in miracles, they are closer than you know
Dress up as Santa Clause, or watch The Miracle on 34th Street
Kiss someone unexpectedly, and give away lots of hugs
Read your children a story, or let them read to you
Propose to someone, get married, or send someone flowers
Realize how wonderful your life is, and thank your guardian angel
Bring someone a Christmas tree, or give a gift to the homeless
Decorate your home with memories of Christmas's gone by
Sing.........music is a universal love, it promotes laughter and happiness
Thank God for this day...after all, it is for Him that we celebrate

It is THANKFUL Thursday and in keeping with the list of things to do to celebrate the Holidays, I am thankful for this day.

I am thankful for the fact that I've been able to stay in and keep warm this week. The weather has turned very cold here.

I'm thankful too that I've been in good health and am able to do what I need to do each day. What a blessing it is to feel good and do what I love to do.

I'm thankful for cups of hot coffee and gingerbread cookies which I only eat this time of year.

As always I'm thankful for my home, my family and friends, for food to eat . All the little things that make life so grand.

What a blessing each day is!

I'm hoping that this Thursday you can check you list and find some things you are thankful for too.

The unthankful heart...discovers no mercies, but let the thankful heart
sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find
in every hour some heavenly blessings!

Henry Ward Beecher


'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I always enjoy reading your thankful list. It just does my heart good when I'm thankful. Makes for a much better day, doesn't it. Hugs

grammy said...

onseu53Great ideas for positive celebrations (o: You had snow yesterday and it was so nice here. I had the 2 school girls after school yesterday and we went for a walk before supper...which they made(french toast) they thought it was fun walking in the almost dark. It was still really warm.

That corgi :) said...

I liked all the positive ways to celebreat the holidays, Ma. I have never invited a stranger to share a holiday meal with us, I'm going to have to work on that, maybe not this year, but something to think about indeed for next year

thank you for always being faithful with writing thankful posts on Thursday for us to remember to be thankful in our own lives too :)

betty

Kathy said...

Your list is so inspiring. I am thankful that you write a blog and I found it so I can read it and be reminded to keep positive and be thankful. Thank you

Sybil said...

Thank you a once again for the positive words you share with us...Better wetaher her ethis week not quite so cold and snow mostly way it is +2 this morning warmest for at least 2 weeks. Mary and I are of to Bath early to do some shopping.
Love Sybil xx