It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 31, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 31, Book 10



Help me see the possibilities each new day brings. Give me the zeal and anticipation of the New

Year with every new month, new day, new minute, and new second of my life.



It's FANTASTIC Friday and New Years Eve.

I put this photo of me on my blog so you all could see me SMILE. My laptop lets you take pictures of yourself and lets you edit them. The option I choose was called Comic...it shades and highlights the way you might see in a cartoon. Appropriate don't you think? If you look at the right side of my face you'll see a dimple there. It's a family trait, that dimple. Mine is not as deep as some of my grand babes though, I always know that when I see those dimples someone is really happy.

As you all know my blog is done in book form. Each Chapter is a month, each page is a day and each book is a year. I'm making the final entry in Book 10 today. Then I'll close this book and open a new one. Book 11 has nothing but empty pages right now. I can't even try to imagine what might be written. Life is like a mystery story and sometimes I can hardly wait to turn the next page.

But today is what is important, so we won't spoil it by thinking about tomorrow. As we listen to the bells ring out the old year and ring in the new, let us hold our loved ones tightly before beginning our walk into the New Year.

After years of anticipating coming days and reflecting on those in the past, I've learned that making the most of the present moments we spend with our families is what brings the greatest joy. Always remember that today is the tomorrow you wished for yesterday.

I try to stay up New Years Eve until Midnight so I can watch the ball drop in Times Square on the TV. Most of the time the members of my families will be celebrating at parties or in their own homes. Some will call at Midnight to say Happy New Year and some will call tomorrow.

I'm always invited to join them but I have a hard time joining one and not the others so I stay home. One thing about having such a large family is that times together for all of us is getting more and more difficult. Right now a quiet evening at home is an enjoyable thing for me and preferable to a party anyway. If I doze off no one will be the wiser.

This ends my book for 2010. Tomorrow we'll start a new one with fresh clean pages just waiting to be filled in.

I'm sending love and good wishes to you all for the New Year ahead!

May today be all you need it to be. May the peace of God and the freshness
of the
Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight, and
conquer all your fears. May God manifest himself today in ways you have
never experienced! May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer, and
your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I
pray that your territory is enlarged. I pray for peace, healing, health,
happiness, prosperity, joy, true and an undying love for God.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Buttercup said...

Have a happy day and a bright and blessed new year. I will be with two friends tonight. We have dinner in a neighborhood place -- quite early -- and then plan to watch a movie. I expect I will be home to watch the ball drop in Times Square and chat with friends.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Another good one!!
Happy New Year from my crowd to your crowd...!!
Stay safe and warm.....LindaMay

Hollie said...

What a wonderful entry! I wish you all the same! I hope you have a Happy New Year filled with lots of love, peace & good health!

jack69 said...

Happy New Year, and we are looking forward to the new book!
Love from Florida

Scrappy quilter said...

Hope you have a wonderful New Years filled with dreams, goals, peace, love and lots of laughter. See you in the New Year.

btw - thanks for all the lovely comments. Your a beautiful friend. Hugs

grammy said...

it is nice to see your smile (o:
I guess we are all starting a new book...or a new chapter tomorrow. We are going to spend the evening with friends. I am looking forward to it...and I am pretty sure we are not staying till 12:00 (o:

Angie said...

Ma, how I look forward to sharing your 2011 journey day by day. Love and hugs and best wishes for a Wonderful happy and blessed New Year.

Angie, xxx