It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 30, Book 10

These little sled ornaments were for my granddaughters. I used silver paint on them to make them sparkle because that is what my beautiful grand daughters do...they sparkle!


THANKFUL THURSDAY

One of the simplest ways to change your mood or mental outlook is to remind yourself of all the good things in your life. Reflecting on how far you have come, what you have already accomplished, and what you have learned, can be very encouraging.

Appreciating your dearest friends, your closest family members, your favorite possessions and of course yourself can bring a smile to your face.

If you need a lift or an attitude adjustment, try to appreciate and reflect on the good things. Count your blessings. It can be done anytime and any place.

Smile at life, even when life has not smiled at you first. Count your blessings, and before you're finished counting you'll have even more.

2010 has been a very good year for me. I am thankful for all the many blessings I've received this year and there is just no end to the list here at my house.

There is a lovely saying that says: 'A good friend is hard to find and when you find one good and true, don't change the old one for the new.' Today I thank God for my family and friends. I thank God for their friendship and support. May I never take them for granted.
It's been a year to be THANKFUL for at my house, I hope that in someway it's been one that you can be thankful for too.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Hollie said...

The sleds are beautiful! A very inspiring entry as always. You'll never know how much your words lift my spirits!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I Love your Thankful Thursday post....they always remind me of my blessings in life....
Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

And I thank God for you and your wonderful blog. I love that you always leave me such cheerful comments...they make my day. Love those little sleighs. So cute. Hugs

grammy said...

Love the sled and angel...I use to make salt dough ornaments. Maybe someday I will get at it again.
You are right...a little appreciation goes a long ways.
I do love those words....my hubby is a wonderful man...but words do NOT come naturally to him.

Ally Lifewithally said...

I just love this saying 'A good friend is hard to find and when you find one good and true, don't change the old one for the new.'
MA Happy New year to you and yours ~ Ally x

jack69 said...

Good entry, and I had never heard this before, quote:'A good friend is hard to find and when you find one good and true, don't change the old one for the new.' Unquote.

I like it. Thanks.
Hope your day was GREAT!