It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 03, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 3, Book 10

Hugging is good medicine. It transfers energy, and gives the person hugged an emotional boost. You need four hugs a day for survival, eight for maintenance, and twelve for growth. A hug makes you feel good. The skin is the largest organ we have and it needs a great deal of care. A hug can cover a lot of skin and gives the message that you care. It is also a form of communication. It can say things you don't have words for. The nicest thing about a hug is that you usually can't give one without getting one.

Author Unknown


FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

On Thanksgiving Day last week I was busy in the kitchen preparing some treats for our family gathering and at the same time watching the Macy's Parade in New York City on the TV. I love seeing all the floats and entertainment. It's become a tradition for me to watch it each year.

The float that really caught my attention was the one with Bears...I'm not sure who made it. The announcer said that this float was to remind people that

Hugs are the Bear necessity of Life

and that

We should all Bear Witness to the True Meaning of the Season.

In my opinion they are really cute sayings with a powerful punch.

Bears are cute and cuddly and who wouldn't want to hug one, but the fact is we aren't all cute and cuddly but we surly do still need HUGS! So I'm sending out (((Big Hugs))) to all of you today. Sometimes there is just nothing like warm arms wrapping around you to let you know that everything will be OK.

As to the True Meaning of the Season....well I could go on and on about that subject but I think that it can all be said in one word and that word is LOVE.

So I'm wishing you all a very BEARY fantastic Friday today and sending Lots of Love and Hugs your way.

LOLAH!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the hug.....now here's one back to you. Have a good day today.

That corgi :) said...

I love those two sayings, Ma! That would have been neat to see the float; I bet it was a cute one! I think we underestimate the power of human touch through hugs and even just a smile. One of my pastors said in the past everyone deserves a "look, word, smile, touch". Of course you wouldn't hug a complete stranger, but you could shake their hands or at least smile at them and say a pleasant greeting!

And yep, I think you summed it up well with the True Reason for the Season; Love is a great word. Love and Faithfulness and Mercy.

Enjoy the day!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

Wishing the same right back at you. Hugs

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat there is nothing more comforting than a hug ~ It is the best medicine you can get ~ or give to someone :O) ~ Hope your Friday is a Fantastic one ~Ally x

jack69 said...

True sayings.....
Thanks for the hugs and back to (((((((you)))))))
Have a great weekend!

grammy said...

I did have a beary good Friday
hope you did too (o:
we forgotr to watch the parade this year...how is that possible?