It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 29, Book 10

I painted these sled ornaments for each of my grandson's. I did paint a different one for the 3 newest little boys but forgot to get a picture. I'll have to see if one of my sons will send a picture to me so I can show you later. Tomorrow I'll show you what I painted for the grand daughters.

Wonderful Wednesday

Over the years, I've found that our emotions and our money, prey upon us countless times each day.We see people in advertisements looking beautiful, young, sexy, and happy while using various products and we want to feel that way too.

But there are a lot of ways to boost your moral with out spending loads of money. Very often what we already have are our best sources of feeling the very best we can be.

For instance I get an immense amount of joy from the act of blogging and I send out a daily e-mail fo my friends and family. Living alone it gives me a way to keep in touch with all of them. Being a lone is a way of life that I don't recommend to anyone but this is the circumstance of my life right now. We are supposed to bloom where we are placed and doing this has become a challenge to me. I have accepted the challenge and try to make the most of it.

Crafting keeps me busy creating and knowing that I'm making something for someone else always makes me feel good. I love giving and making things allows me to do it.

Reading opens doors to things outside my world too. I love reading for pleasure and reading to improve myself spiritually too. Books are available reasonably when you shop thrift stores and when you have friends that share their books with you too. This Christmas my family gifted me with a Kindle. It will enable me to read lots of things and I've heard they do have lots of free books on Amazon to download too. I've not used it yet but it won't be long and I'm sure I'll have it mastered.

If you can find those things that make you feel good that don’t cost anything and spend your spare time focusing on those things, not only will you be happy simply enjoying what you like, but you’ll feel good later realizing that you didn’t spend any money.

True wealth is not in the things we have but in what we do with what we do have. Things like family, friends, faith, home are the things I consider to be important in my life.

Focusing more on what is abundant in our lives ALREADY is the best way to generate more abundance. And remember that sometimes our time line and the God's time line may be different.
So on this WONDERFUL Wednesday, I do hope Your day is one full of WONDER too.
It is there if we take the time to look.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

My dh always prays for the wisdom of Solomon. You dear friend always share it. I so enjoy reading your posts first thing in the morning. It always sets my day, brings a smile to my face and teaches me something, even at my age. I love the little sleighs. So cute. Hugs

Joan said...

Hello first of all you snowman is lovely you are a very lever lady. It always amazes me how much you write about every day I really struggle sometimes and would not attempt a daily entry now. However I always manage to muse away in bed when I write my personal diary. Hope you enjoy your Kindle I have heard great things about them what a good idea from the family at Christmas. Take care Love Joan.

Hollie said...

I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful Christmas! You are such an amazing artist! I know you will enjoy the Kindle!

That corgi :) said...

read your last two posts, Ma. Very good advice in them indeed. Loved the ornaments you are sharing that you painted for your family; very talented you are! I too am coming to that conclusion that I don't want to be wasting away my years, so looking for some new changes in the new year not to allow that to happen.

How cool with the Kindle! I thought those would be so fun to have. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Happy New Year, but I know it will be a good one for you because you will work to make it a good one!

betty

Sybil said...

You do such beautifl craft things Ma no wonder the family love you so much...Like Joan it always amazes me how you find things to write every day. I am always thinking I must write a blog...but then think, well what have I been up to...answer not much...so leave the blog till another day !!
Love the sound of a Kindle my friend has one and loves it. Maybe one day I will fall for one as well.
Love for now Sybil xx

grammy said...

Love the snowman ornament ...
My Mom was a widow at an early age (I was only three) and she never remarried. She lived in the same town as my sister and me...so she saw us and Grandkids lots. The thing that I saw happen to her...she let her world get smaller and smaller. We were enough. I wish she would have had more friends and outings. There is a good senior Citizen group here and they go on trips...so do the seniors at our church. She would never try any of those things. You sound like you have lots going for you. Keep reaching out and doing things with people. Cheap things... free things (o:
I think I might want a kindle... I will be anxious to hear how it is for you.

jack69 said...

Nice entry. Oh glad you got a Kindle. My books were on Kindle, but I received a notice they were being removed, and I must resubmit in a different new format.
I am gonna try to put thm on the Free Kindle. Will let you know if I am able.
Hope things continue to go well, and love will prevail, that is for sure.
Love from Florida, 70's and sunshine when we arrived.