It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, December 27, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 27, Book 10

Our Family Christmas gathering 12/26/2010

MERRY MONDAY!

If you've been following along with with my journal, you've heard about the wonderful Christmas gifts we received of hope and JOY, love and Peace. Ever since the beginning of Advent, I've lit my Advent candles which symbolized each one of these gifts. Christmas Day may be over for this year, but we get to keep those gifts with us all year long. I've been thinking about what I'd like to have for my New Years resolutions and remembering these gifts, I thought why not have my resolutions include them.

For the New Year I'd like to resolve to have new HOPE. New Hope means that I won't give into to feelings of worthlessness or despair. If today isn't going quite like I want it, I have to stop what I'm doing and think about the blessings in my life. I have to change my attitude and think about what is right in my life. Having good thoughts, my day will be filled with HOPE and today is what is important. Yesterday is over and tomorrow may never come.

I am going to resolve that there will be new JOY in my life. I'm going to take myself less seriously. I'm going to laugh more and I'm going to remember to be thankful always for the many blessings in my life.

I'm going to LOVE more too. Having new LOVE in my life means that I'm going to show respect and kindness to those around me. I'm not going to be judgmental or criticize what others do. I'm going to find the good in people and emphasize the positive aspects of their lives. I'm going to give out more compliments and speak a little softer and kinder.

I going to resolve to have NEW PEACE in my life. Peace can happen in the midst of turmoil, if we want it. Peace is something that my attitude can keep in check. If I let others determine my thoughts and actions, I feel that peace is often hard to find, but if I want Peace it's up to me to act that way and think peaceful thoughts.

This is going to be a MERRY Monday here at my house today. I've got my New Years resolution list made now and I can concentrate on other things...you know I always have lots to do around here and today is no different.

Peace on earth will come to stay,
when we live Christmas every day.
Helen Steiner Rice

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!
'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

good entry with heavy things to think about for the new year.

The quote from Helen Rice is a very good one, however Helen's writing and thoughts are always good and to the point.
I hope you r day is great!

Parsley said...

Great resolutions. I think I need to do this on my blog this week.

Kath said...

You carn't beat loving more or peace Ma.I think some of your resolutions are mine too for 2011.I'll start by saying love you lots and have a wonderful peaceful New Year.It's good to be back around you I feel better already for reading your wonderful blogs.Take Care God Bless Kath Motherhen xx

Scrappy quilter said...

What a great way to start the New Year. I love this post. Great family picture. I always enjoy seeing your family. Hugs

grammy said...

I enlarged that picture and the look on your face tells me how Christmas went for you (o:
I never make a resolution list...but I like yours (o:
Love the tip about never having carrot sticks on the buffet table...lol
I still want to see some of the gifts you made (o:

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, your new year resolutions sound just great to me. Mind you I think you already do all teh things that you hope to do..so maybe just continue should be your resolution !!
The photo's of all the family is truly lovely..
HAve a good day today. Here the snow is begining to thaw and it is a bit warmer it has got above 0 for first time in about three week..
Love Sybil xx

Barbara said...

Quite a family. I love clicking to full size and seeing all the details.

Blessings for this coming year.