It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 26, Book 10

This picture show my DSIL, DD, DS#5,DDIL#5, myself, and of course that is Mr. Wonderful in front.


HOLIDAY TIPS

Carrot sticks-avoid them. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

Drink as much eggnog as you can. Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an egg-nogaholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have two. It's Christmas!

If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy.

Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free.

Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food.

If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention.

Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Reread tips. But hurry! Cookieless January is just around the corner.
Author Unknown
Today is the day for me to SMILE. It's the day that my family will gather to celebrate Christmas. All but two of my 7 children and their families will be together anyway. I surely do miss those that can't come home for Christmas. I will be sharing loads of fun and love with the ones that are present for sure. They are the best present any mom could ever have. I just love being with all of them and they make me so very happy.

We will have loads of food. All of them are good cooks and they always bring along their favorites to share with every one. We try to spend most of the day together. Some live close by and others have to travel an hour or more to get here so some have to leave earlier than others. Still what time we have together is always a blessing.

My children and their children have already celebrated Christmas in their own homes, but today is the day I'm celebrating it. Christmas just isn't Christmas for me till I'm with my family and although yesterday was the real Christmas, today it is real for me.

Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles

Author Unknown

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Sybil said...

As I read this Ma with the time difference all your family will be traveling towards you. I wish you and them all a very very happy Christmas anjoy every minute you can spend together.
LOve Sybil x

jack69 said...

Great Post MA! I always love the author's called 'Unknown' that you find. It did bring the smile.

I love the family time you speak of we had both our sons yesterday, it was good!
We have a lttle snow, so we do have a white day after Christmas.

Joann said...

Enjoy a Blessed Christmas with you children!! What a great idea to celebrate on the 26th, makes it easier for everyone to enjoy the day without the stress of having to be two places at once.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great post! Hope you day has been wonderful. hugs

Buttercup said...

The photo is great. And I loved your holiday tips. I did position myself at the table next to the stuffed shells -- a real treat for me -- and then the chocolate cake and had no shame going for a second piece. No carrots on our table yesterday and lots of laughter around it.