It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 23, Book 10

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Lord, thank You for coming long ago to be the Savior of the world and my soul. Thank You for Your promise that You are coming again; that this old world is not all there is. May I live each day in the light of that promise; may I take courage and hope in the promise of Your Word, and by Your grace, may I live for You each day until You return.

MY THANKFUL LIST FOR THIS CHRISTMAS

I am so very thankful always for all my blessings but today I'm posting a list of the things I've received this year that haven't cost a cent but that have meant so much.

THE GIFT OF LISTENING... - I've had lots of time this year and have been able listen more and talk less

2. THE GIFT OF AFFECTION... - I've spent more time with family and friends and had the blessing of caring for my two youngest grand children

3. THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER... - Many happy days have blessed my life this year. This one was full of JOY. Joy as I celebrated retirement, the birth of 2 new grand babes and joy as I cared for them too. Joy in spending time with family and friends and the Joy that was found in each day.

4. THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE... - I was able to finally get my Christmas letter completed and my cards in the mail.

5. THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT... - I want to say THANK YOU to all my friends and family for being there to share in my days of the land of the Happy but Poor this year

6. THE GIFT OF A FAVOR... - I've been so blessed by the caring and gentle kindnesses of others this year. From my next door neighbor sharing books with me to the many SMILES my grandchildren have given.

7. THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE... - Days spent at the camper this past summer doing nothing but relaxing have truly restored my body and soul.

8. THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION... I've been blessed to have those around me with uplifting words to share and have spent many hours too reading inspirational messages on the internet. I no longer subscribe to or buy many books but thanks to the internet am inspired every day by devotionals and meditations provided by wonderful sites full of the good news.

and of course, we can't forget the greatest Gift of all that's made Christmas possible, the gift of Jesus, God's Son, to a very needy world

For these and all my many blessings I am so truly thankful.

As always but especially at this Christmas, it is my hope that your Thursday will be one that you are thankful for too.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

WE are thankful. You list so many things we are gifted with, we should all be thankful.
Hoping you have a wonderful and Thankful Thurday also.
Love vrom North Carolina

Scrappy quilter said...

This has got to be one of the most beautiful thankful lists I've ever read in blogland. Beautiful. Hugs and love

That corgi :) said...

Amen! This was so encouraging to read, Ma! The greatest gifts are always the ones that don't cost much, don't need to be returned, don't need batteries, etc. You have found that "secret" out. Thanks for sharing it with us; may it be a blessed day indeed!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thankyou Pat "MA" we do have so many things to be thankful for ~ Ally x

Ally Lifewithally said...

I loved your list we do have so many things to be thankful for ~ Ally X

grammy said...

What a great list. Always makes me reflect on the same things (o:
God is good and blesses us greatly.