It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 21, Book 10


Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are

Marianne Williamson

IT'S TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY

Look on the Bright Side Day is today. I hope you see the light. Literally looking on the bright side may be a bit difficult today. It is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. And, December days tend to be cloudy. However, I'm going to be optimistic, and fully expect you to succeed.

Look on the Bright Side Day is a day to be optimistic. The term itself is an optimistic one. It calls upon us to look for something positive, out of an otherwise bad or sad situation. Often, a bad experience has positive lessons to be learned.

If you have a bad day yesterday, look on the bright side.... today is another day, and an optimistic one at that!

If you read my blog you know that I'm always trying to look on THE BRIGHT SIDE of things. This is a lesson that I learned years ago. When things get you down, it is often hard to find the brighter side of things but it is far better than dwelling on what isn't so great in life. Being positive is a way of life for me and I will tell you over and over again that your attitude is everything.

Heap o’ Christmas Facts

To actually buy the 12 gift items from The 12 Days of Christmas, you would have to spend more than $65,000.

56 percent of Americans sing holiday carols to their pets.

1 in 3 men will wait until Christmas Eve to finish their shopping.

A traditional Christmas dinner in early England was the head of a pig prepared with mustard.

Number of men who have dressed up like Santa Claus: 1 in 5

There are 1.76 billion candy canes produced every year.

Number of snowflakes in a 3-inch snowball: 1 million


There you have it my 2 for Tuesday. A bit of trivia and some facts.


Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

LYN said...

Happy Winter Solstice..and a very Merry Christmas to you!!!

Midlife Mom said...

I just love your posts! I always feel so good after reading them and it does make me look on the brighter side!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

jack69 said...

Down south we don't get to make many of the 3" one million snow flake snow balls, but we sure enjoythe few we get to make. ha!

Hope you have that Terrific Tuesday!

From NC

Scrappy quilter said...

I always love your post too. Since finding your blog I've been so encouraged. You have such a wonderful spirit. Hope you are having a wonderful Tues. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I'm so glad I didn't live in early England; I do like ham, I just don't know about seeing the head of the pig on my dinner table!

rainy day here, but I'm looking at the bright side; won't have to turn the sprinklers on for a few days :)

betty

Buttercup said...

My holiday facts...I think I've eaten a good number of those candy canes and I definitely know the last minute shopping men. Thanks for a great post!

Hollie said...

You are such an inspiration to me!!! Thank you! I loved reading the holiday facts. So interesting!!!