It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 2, Book 10

Who are we, God our Father,
amidst all of your creation?
Yet you so loved the world
that you sent Jesus, your Son, to live fully as one of us.
I rejoice that he is beside me now
My Advent Wreath: Greenery, berries, pinecones, four still tall candles--a circle of light. A beautiful circle of peace, hope, joy, and love. Above all, love.


THANKFUL THURSDAY!

I am thankful for this season of Advent. A time for preparing my heart for Christmas. When things are hectic it's is nice to take a few moments of quiet to reflect on the meaning of Christmas.

I'm thankful for the Hope Advent brings. Hope can give you a reason when no other reason is there. Hope can make the impossible happen

I am thankful for the endless abundance in my life that fills my world with joy and meaning

I am thankful for the Christmas tree, the manger scene, the music and carols, the lights shining in the winter darkness

I am thankful for all the ways we can celebrate the season: through prayer, music and song, arts and crafts, gift-making, good works and gatherings with families, friends and neighbors.

For all these and much more I am truly Thankful!

I hope your Thursday is one you are Thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

peggy said...

and thank you for words to start the day. Everyone is so sad about the little boys, hearts are just broken to think about them. We must hope, in every circumstance.

Hollie said...

What a beautiful & inspiring entry! Have a blessed day!

Debbie said...

thank you for such an inspiring post today. May He lift you up on angels wings....
Debbie@lakehouse

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful thankful list. Hope your day goes well. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I like your advent wreath and decorations, Ma. I also liked your words of the hope Advent brings. It may be a dark and dreary time, but there is indeed hope with the birth of Jesus and the hope we have in him. Good time to be reflective of all we have for blessings and how good God is all the time :)

enjoy Thursday!

betty

jack69 said...

Thankful is a great way to live, I think you get the award for being themost thankful. That is nice.

Sometimes I forget, but am reminded soon enough!