It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 18, Book 10

Remember this little guy...It is our Lucky guy who is now almost 9 months old. Look at all the teeth he has already.

It is a SUPER Saturday here at my house.

Oh my, this is the weekend to get it all done. I've got wrapping to do and boxes to mail and I've those cards I've been procrastinating over to get finished and ready to mail.

The house could used a quick once over too as there hasn't been much done to it the past few weeks. Dusting and vacuuming will be done for sure after I finish the gift wrapping.

This Sunday I'll be serving my 3rd Sunday dinner here at home too. For any of my family that wants, dinner will be ready about 5 in the evening. I'm fixing lasagna which is one of my favorites and cheesy potatoes too along with a side salad. For desert there is a selection of cookies, macaroons and even some baklava. All of these sweets came from Aldi's. I've not baked anything nor am I planning on it. But still these are pretty tasty and a treat for me and anyone else that wants some.

The lasagna is an old recipe that I found in the BHG cookbook that I've had since when I got married. The cheesy potatoes are from a recipe that I got from working at church dinners a number of years ago. Both are yummy.

I'm sure today will be a super busy one here at my house. I do hope your Saturday is a super one too.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Isn't he just the sweetest. And this is just the coolest. For our Christmas dinner I've decided instead of having the traditional turkey, I'm making lasagna instead. Have a wonderful Sunday dinner. Hugs

Hollie said...

Enjoy your day! Little man is just precious! I love homemade lasagna

Buttercup said...

I think we've got pretty much the same weekend. Packages to get to the post card and cards to write. No snow, so getting around will be easier and it's even sunny. Have a wonderful and productive day.

P.S. Love your family photo. What a beautiful group.

jack69 said...

lasagna! love it. And if this is the 'Git 'er Done' weekend I hope it works out for you. We are inside and cold outside. Had a little dusting of snow, nothing like the kids would like to see.

Be blessed for the rest of the Christmas season.
Love from NC

Rose said...

He is precious! They grow so fast.

Hugs, Rose

That corgi :) said...

Set a plate for Koda and me for tomorrow, both the lasagna and cheese potatoes sound delicious! I think it is a wonderful tradition you started too with Sunday dinner at your house! I can't believe Lucky Guy is close to nine months old! It just seems like yesterday he was born and you were getting ready to retire! He is sure a cutie!!

Seems like a good busy day you had, bet you got a lot done!

betty

grammy said...

I love lasagna...if it wasn't so far maybe I would show up (o:
Do you use dry noodles?