It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 16, Book 10

Dear Lord, don’t let us miss You this Christmas season. Help us to simplify our activities and traditions so we can focus our celebration on Your birth. Thank You for being the Prince of Peace, and I ask You for that supernatural peace to reign in our hearts. Thank You for the simple but life changing message of Your love for us.

It is so important to have a sense of gratitude for the little things that make each day special. They are different for each one of us and that is why it is good to say thanks for them. We tend to do it far less than we think. Stop at some point today and think of all the blessings you have been given. Recognize how much beauty there is around you and in you

On this Thankful Thursday I am thankful as always for my family, my home, my health, and food on the table. Really more food than I should be eating, but it's winter time and I need comfort food.

I'm thankful for the blessing of having my youngest grand child to care for every other week. His smiles and coo's are heaven sent for sure.

I'm thankful that the last winter storm we had wasn't as bad as it could have been and that my furnace is keeping this old house warm. Everyone in my family managed to survive it without any mishaps and that is a blessing when the roads get snow covered and icy.

I'm thankful that my shopping and Christmas craft work is done and everything is now just waiting to be wrapped.

For these and all my many blessings I am truly thankful

I hope your Thursday is one that you can find something to be thankful for too.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Good Morning...
It's icey...rainy.....snowy here and i'm thankful i don't have to go out in it...!!
Always love your thankful post...

Enjoy

Scrappy quilter said...

A great thankful list once again. I too am thankful we didn't get the storm they we're predicting although we did get quite a bit of snow. At least we didn't get the freezing rain. Have a wonderful day.

Angie said...

We in UK have had a brief respite from falling snow but now th second wave is coming. I'm thankful we at least - at LAST - got rid of the first lot first!

That corgi :) said...

Good for you, Ma, having everything done except for the wrapping! I know that must be a very good feeling indeed! Also glad to hear that everyone in your family "weathered" the last storm fine and were safe and secure and warm!!

wonderful blessings as always!

betty

jack69 said...

I know it must be good to be down to the 'wrapping'. Everyone will be thrilled with their presents.

We are thankful that we are alive on this Thursday.

Love from Chilly NC

Hollie said...

We had freezing rain last night. There were several wrecks, & I hear several were hurt. That kind of weather is scary! I thank God that all my loved ones made it in safely. I got my gifts wrapped today....I hated every moment of it though :-(

grammy said...

So you are even done with the crafts you were making...good for you (o: Have a great weekend.