It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chapter 12, Page 12, Book 10

A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away.

Eva Logue

This is the 3rd Sunday of Advent and today we light the pink candle. This candle stands for JOY! The Joy of Christmas--the coming of Christ. This is when we look at how Jesus has brought joy and celebration into our lives and it recalls the fact that the angels sang a message of JOY and it reminds us that life with Him is full of JOY. Today is a celebration of the halfway point in this journey to Christmas.

Did you know that here is a difference between happiness and joy.

Happiness is an emotion based on your happenings. How you feel on a given day is determined by what happens to you that day (hour, minute). Your happiness comes and goes.

Joy on the other hand, is more of a state of being caused by a conscious choice to live joyfully. Joy is the knowledge of our eternal salvation and love from our Lord that allows us to remain joyful even when our happenings aren’t going so well.

Today as always I'll be off to church and you all will be in my thoughts and prayers. There is a weather advisory up in our part of the world for rain changing to snow and possible blizzard like conditions coming our way so I'll be especially praying for those that will be traveling or having to work outside.

May the Christmas joy of the Christ Child rest in your hearts this season!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I loved how you made the distinction between joy and happiness, Ma. Very well put and so very true!! Be safe!

And I know you do have joy in your heart :)

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh I love how you've explained joy. Beautiful!! Hugs

Buttercup said...

Wishes for a joyous Sunday. Will keep you, too, in my prayers for safe travel. So far, we've only got rain and I'm having a nice morning visiting in Blogland.

Rose said...

Thanks for sharing "Joy" with us.

I loved this post.

Hugs, Rose

Hollie said...

I agree with the others! Wonderful entry! It's been cold here all day also....with snow flurries all day! I must admit I have enjoyed the flurries!!;-) Stay warm & enjoy not having to get out in the morning. I sure am dreading it myself! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

grammy said...

Beautiful
We had the seven year old in church with us today...coloring away (o:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pam,

I have just come back in from a walk where the snowflakes are sparkling. Normally I would be "out of it" but because my blood was no good I had not chemotherapy so technically will have 3 weeks off. Not sure if this is good or bad.

May we fall down on our knees and praise the ALmighty who gave us His life hear our rejoicing and thankfulness for His love and adoration.

Hugs and love,

ALBERTA Lori