It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 9, Book 10

Living One Day at aTime
Our lives are made up ofa million different ways.
Some are spent searching for
love, peace, and harmony.Others
are spent surviving day by day.

But there are no greater moments than
that life, with all it's joys and sorrows,
is meant to be lived one day at a time.
It's in this knowledge that we discover
the most wonderful truth of all.
Whether we live in a forty room mansion,
surrounded by servants and wealth,
or find it a struggle to manage the
rent month to month we have
it within our power to be fully
satisfied and live a life
with true meaning.
One day at a time we have that ability,
through cherishing each moment
and rejoicing in each dream.
We can experience each day anew,
and with this fresh start we have
what it takes to make all our
dreams come true.

Each day is new, and living
one day at a time enables us to truly
enjoy life and live it to the fullest.
Author Unknown
It's TERRIFIC Tuesday!
This week is such a busy one for me as I'm trying to get a lot done because I'm going away this weekend to join in celebrating one of my DIL's birthdays. She's reached one of those mile stone birthdays and wanted to do something extra special so 8 of us girls are going on a little trip together.
It's been awhile since I've flown anywhere and I've found the rules of what you take along with you have changed. I want to take a carry on bag and not check any baggage so it is presenting some problems for me. I'll work it all out I'm sure but in the meantime there is lots to be done here.
Thanksgiving is now less than 3 weeks away and I'm going to have to break soon from my crafting and start getting the house ready for guests. I'll be doing some deep cleaning around here so that everything looks clean and shiny for my guests. I like the fact that this holiday will motivate me to get some things done that I usually let slide.
Tip for today: Did you know you can make your gourds and pumpkins used in decorating last longer if you apply a coat of vasaline?

Family Tradition for today;

One thing we always do at every family gathering is a Candle ceremony. If you are unable to spend time with your loved ones during the holidays, this tradition will help you bridge the distance. Each person can light a candle and spend a few minutes thinking about the family, especially those who are absent. We often light just one candle which has come to be know as the Remembrance Candle. You might say a prayer for each family member or imagine sending love and peace to each person. Remember that thoughts, intentions, and prayers are not bound by distance. This means that you can make meaningful connections with each other even at great distances.
There you have my 2 for a TERRIFIC 2's day. I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one too!
'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I bet all are looking forward to the weekend getaway! sounds like it will be fun and what a great way to celebrate a birthday milestone! That was a great ceremony with the candle, Ma; I'll have to remember it and try to incorporate it into our traditions!

enjoy your day :)

betty

jack69 said...

You must know the author named 'unknown' personally. She is very good!Have a great day!!

grammy said...

Nice post. How exciting...a trip. Remember...hotels have hair products and a hair dryer. I always pack to much. Less is better. I take a backpack instead of a purse. Then I can put it on my back and get through the crowd better.

Angie said...

Well of course Ma we don't have Thanksgiving over here in rhe way you do but this week is for the remembrance of our heroes -whatever the time or conflict or event. We remember them and we give thanks for their lives and their sacrifice.

peggy said...

I like your table! And I hope you have so much fun on your trip, you deserve it.

I saw a sign this week that said, we only get one day at a time, so we can have a future. I thought of you.

Barbara said...

Like you I have not flown for sometime and I know it is much more difficult and complicated now.

Do hope you had a great time and that you will enjoy getting ready for our Thanksgiving.