It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 6, Book 10

I believe the second half of one's life is meant to be better than the first half. The first half is finding out how you do it. And the second half is enjoying it

Frances Lear

Today I'm at DS#1's house and I have with me some crafts to do. His children are the ones I do crafts with during the summer when we are camping. So today I brought along something to keep us busy while their Mom and Dad are away. Our Princess is wanting to cook and bake everything for a homemade meal...so I think that will keep us busy most of the day. We are starting this morning with homemade bread. We have to let it rise awhile so it's best to make it first on the list.

Fall is in full swing and winter will be here soon. There are so many things to do to get ready for it. There are many things we do to prepare for winter now, so that when the cold weather hits we don't have to worry.

It's time to find those hats, mittens and gloves that tend to scatter all over the house. It is time to air out the blankets and quilts that have been stored the past 4 or 5 months.

Taking the time in the fall to take care of a few simple things is one of the best things you can do to prepare for winter. So don't forget to prepare yourself too. In the past I've found that I get very little exercise during the months of ice and cold.

Finding the time, the energy and the motivation to exercise during the warm summer months is easier than doing so during the winter. But cold weather doesn't have to mean the end of your exercise.

Working out at home gives you the option to stay in the comfort of your own home but still getting exercise. If you are disciplined, you can create your own exercise routine without buying any special equipment

While I do not do these things, Jumping Jacks are a nice way to warm up for a good workout. Exercises like leg squats, push-ups, crunches, and leg raises are easily done inside. Just going up and down the two flights of stairs in my home is good exercise.

I'm hoping that this year even though I'll be in the house more that I won't spend it just sitting. I sit doing many of the things I love so my plan is to exercise some everyday. After all the food we'll be making today I'll need it for sure.

It'll be a SUPER Saturday here today. I hope your day is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Martha (MM) said...

Have a wonderful day cooking and crafting! :-)

Midlife Mom said...

I so agree with you about the exercise or lack of in the wintertime. I can't continue walking outside for much longer and HAVE to discipline myself to use my treadmill and lift some small weights like cans of veggies or soup. I walked this morning and it was pretty cold but my sister was with me so we were talking a mile a minute so it went fast. We saw three deer which was fun! They just stood there looking at us for a long time but when we got too close off they went with their tails in the air!!

I'm getting back into the crafts again now that I'm not working out in my gardens all the time. Am working on a wall hanging for Halloween for NEXT year! ha!

That corgi :) said...

yum on the homemade bread and all the other "goodies" you and your grands will be making today! I'm sure the house will smell wonderful with all the delicacies and you all will have a great time together!!

enjoy!

betty

grammy said...

Sounds like the wonderful day with the kids
I spent the day with mine at a farm (o:
Wish I had homemade bread too (o: