It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 4, Book 10

Think before you Weep

If your arteries have hardened

And arthritis slows your gait,

If your tired blood is stubborn,

Not inclined to circulate;

If your dancing days are over

And you cannot do the twist,

If your time is spent in brooding

O'er the many things you've missed.

If you're constantly complaining

On your rocker or your couch;

If you're ornery and cranky

And becoming quite a grouch;

Well, if this is your condition

And you get no sympathy,

Then it's time you started trying

A new kind of therapy.

Though you have your share of trouble,

Think of others with more pain,

Like the fellow in his wheelchair,

Who will never walk again.

Take time to write a letter.

And while pen is in your palm,

Thank the good Lord up above you,

For the use of that right arm.

Try relaxing in the sunshine,

Note each flower, bird and tree,

Then appreciate your eyesight;

There are many who can't see.

When you tune in television

And each sound is loud and clear,

Just think of those who'd give a lot,

If only they could hear.

Yes, I've practiced what I'm preaching,

And I've learned there's joy to reap;

If you stop and count your blessings

And just think before you weep.

Author Unknown

I love Thankful Thursdays! However, I don't always wake up every Thursday feeling thankful. In fact, there have been a few Thursdays when I didn't feel like writing a Thankful Thursday post because ... I wasn't feeling especially thankful.

But then I make the intentional choice to take action and focus on what I might be thankful for. And guess what always seems to happen?

I start to FEEL thankful!

These days, when we’re all so busy and stretched to the limit, I know it’s difficult to take the time to think about all that we’re thankful for. So make sure this November you pause each day to reflect on the good things in your life.

During what is known as Thankful month, I'll probably be giving thanks for something more than one time a week. I hope you'll al join me in being THANKFUL too. Once you’ve practiced being thankful during November, my hope is that you will make it a permanent part of your life.


SOMETIMES THE SILVER LINING IS ALL YOU'VE GOT LEFT

My clouds do have silver linings and I'm so thankful for them

I'm thankful for my good health. Even though I spent most of the day cleaning and doing laundry, I had plenty of energy. Thank you, Lord!

I'm thankful that I have the freedom to vote and to voice my opinions to others. Election day is over now, but I voted.

I'm thankful for my family and even though I don't get to see a lot of them, right now I'm blessed with Mr. Wonderful and I love having him come each day.

I'm thankful for a great beautician who cuts my hair just right. She puts the bounce back about every 6 weeks and this week was my week!

I'm so very thankful for these and all my blessing. Believe me when I say I don't ever take anything or anyone for granted. Life is a gift!


I'm hoping that today you'll be thankful too for those many blessings in your life.

'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

Hollie said...

I love the "Thing Before You Weep!" So true! There's definitely always someone worse off then us. We just need to take the time to look around, & then we would be thankful for ALL of blessings Large & Small!

That corgi :) said...

a good hair dresser is worth their weight in gold, I do believe!! glad you found one that styles your hair the way you like it. I like that poem, very wise whoever wrote it. We do have so much to be thankful for, even the very air we breathe we should give thanks to God for :)

betty

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi MA!! Sending you great big thankful hugs!!! Thankful that I'm back online to read your beautiful and inspirational Blog!! I love the new look of your blog, it's gorgeous. And I'm happy that you like your new "do". Hugs and Love, Sharon

Martha (MM) said...

Beautiful Ma!
I've committed to writing a post every day this month over at my blog and mentioning at least one thing I'm thankful for each day. Like you said, we might not always feel thankful especially during busy or difficult times but if we focus on it we begin to really see just how much there is to be thankful for :-)

grammy said...

I need that beautician ... my hair is flat and yucky right now (o:

jack69 said...

We are always trying to be thankful, sometimes we succeed.

I love 'Unknown's' writing.
They seem to always make a great point!
Enjoy things as we head into the weekend.

Angie said...

"Unknown" is a very prolific writer isn't he / she / it?

My hairdresser cuts my hair more or less how I ask, but styles it how SHE wants and I end up brushing it all out the minute she's gone. Thankfully, though, she comes here to the house. My electric wheelchair takes up too much space in the little salon I would prefer to use.

LYN said...

very inspirational!