It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 30, Book 10

Harmony provides us with the inner peace we need to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us each day, and beauty opens us to joy

Sarah Ban Breathnach

Life is difficult and for many of us, the experience of living has brought pain or illness, loss or loneliness, fear, defeat, worry, doubt, anxiety, hardship of one kind or another. But for people of faith, there is a knowledge, a feeling, an assurance that even in the midst of that pain or doubt or suffering, God is good....

Bits and pieces from one of my morning devotions

Because of my faith I do celebrate each day and try to live it to the fullest. People of faith are not unrealistic. We know that the world can be a dark place. But we also know that the darkness is not all. There is a reason to hope, because there is a light always shining.

Today is TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday and I've got 2 Tips for you again today.

The Christmas season may have already officially begun, but who had time to think about what that really means with Thanksgiving leftovers to finish off and shopping to accomplish. Maybe the ideas I have for you today might just help to give you that extra time.

# 1 A recipe for leftover Turkey

Mexican Turkey Scramble

Heat 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 thinly sliced scallions and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup finely diced skinless white turkey meat and 3 tablespoons fresh spicy salsa; cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Add 3 beaten eggs and, stirring constantly, cook until eggs are set. Top each serving with 2 avocado slices and serve with extra salsa, if desired.
#2 Here's a gift that's easy to put together and is bound to be appreciated. I know I'd love to receive it!

Happy Holidays Christmas Survival Kit

Bauble- to make your Christmas sparkle!

Party Popper - to start the season with a BANG!

Starburst Candy - for a burst of energy during the Christmas season.

A funny Christmas poem printed out - to make you laugh, for 'tis the season to be jolly!

Christmas Cracker - hope you have a cracking Christmas!

Cookie Dough - because everyone's short on dough this time of year!


That's my 2 for Tuesday this week! I hope your Tuesday is a TERRIFIC one!

'On Ya'-ma

P.S. Here is a little Christmas joke I'm sharing...

On Christmas morning a woman told her husband, I just dreamed that you gave me a beautiful diamond necklace.

What do you think it means?

You’ll know tonight, he said.

That evening just before opening presents, the husband came home with a small package and gave it to his wife.

Delighted, she opened it only to find a book entitled
The Meaning of Dreams.

7 comments:

jack69 said...

I thought we had lefte over turkey, but we didn't. HA!
I hope this Tuesday is great for you and the weather co-operates. We got a cool rain last night, not really cold here yet.
When it gets this cool we want to head South.

Scrappy quilter said...

Cute joke!! I'm like you I love living in the moment. Life it too short not to. Hope your day is extra special. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

LOL with the joke, Ma! I love that recipe for Mexican Turkey Scrambler! It sounds yummy and avocados are one of my favorite foods! Liked the idea for the cute gift too, I might use it with a couple modifications for some kids I encourage (like not the cookie dough but something else that could be "dough", fake money or something like that); good ideas today!

hope you have a great Tuesday!

betty

Debbie said...

Thank you for this post...the beginning really hit home for me. My grandson suffers from migraines. He's had testing done, been put on several drugs, and is still suffering...even today. We've prayed with him, for him, over him...for some reason, he still struggles with them on a weekly basis.
All we can do is trust God, and never lose hope that Ethan will be set free of these headaches some day.
Thank you.
Debbie@lakehouse

Angie said...

As we don't 'do' Thanksgiving here in UK, there's no danger of having to scoff 2 turkeys in fairly quick succession, a cause for thanksgiving in itxelf!

Sybil said...

Hi Ma, Thank you as always for your wonderful words. I hope you don't mind but I am going to copy some of them today as I think they should be framed and put on show...
Also loved teh joke at the end. LOL
Take care if it snows,
Loave Sybil x

grammy said...

lol...very funny
recipe sounds good (o:
I have left over ham in the freezer.