It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 3, Book 10


Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy

Guillaume Apollinaire


WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY

SO ...maybe you are thinking what is so wonderful about it...Just about everything, to be honest. There are so many things in life that are wonderful and fun and beautiful that it's hard for me not to be feeling a constant sense of gratitude and enjoyment. I don't need a $40,000 car to make me happy, as the Silver Streak, my car, gets me where I'm going. It is over 10 years old now and not very good to look at but it runs well.

I don't need a fancy house filled with expensive things either. My home is comfortable and warm and I enjoy being here. My home is in an older part of our town that is not very fashionable, but it's paid for and I couldn't live any place else for what it costs me to live here. I've been watching HGTV where they find homes for people in different parts of the country and for the big dollars being spent elsewhere, it seems that I have a gem of a home.

I don't really need much of anything to make me happy as far as material things go but what does make me happy are the things I have. I have family and friends, I have things to do that I enjoy doing. My days are fully mine to do with as I choose and they have been pretty wonderful.

If we can keep alive our recognition of the wonders of life, then our lives are constantly filled with wonder, and all of our days are filled with bright moments . It is such a JOY to be alive and to be able see another new day.

When watching my youngest grandson yesterday I noticed how much more he is doing now than he was just a few weeks ago. He is my Mr. Wonderful. With the exception of a couple of cat naps he managed to stay awake most of the morning then slept in the afternoon. He like laying in his crib looking at the little animals that dangle above him. And he found out that if he moved his feet around they would jiggle above him too. What a blessing it is to have him here with me now. We'll be good company for each other to be sure.

I do hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

Hollie said...

What a wonderful entry! So many things to be thankful for indeed! Mr. Wonderful is just precious!

That corgi :) said...

Mr. Wonderful is so content looking, what a joy for both of you indeed!!

I totally agree with everything you wrote, Ma. I am content with not a lot, could care less of a big fancy car or house.

wishing you a Wonderful Wednesday indeed!

betty

grammy said...

So precious
I don't need a lot of things either (o: