It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 26, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 26, Book 10

FANTASTIC Friday / Shopping and the Christmas Spirit

I hear so much bah humbugging going on this time of year. Lots of people grumble about all the crowds and the stores and presents to get. As for me, when I think about Christmas shopping I get into the Spirit of Christmas.

When the Christ child came into the world, the angels were singing joyfully and the shepherds and the Wise men came to celebrate. They brought gifts too. So why should everyone be so dismal about Christmas?

To my way of thinking, Christmas is all about giving and sharing. I love to give to people close to me and I love giving to those that are less fortunate than me too. This is a time for helping others. I love Christmas shopping. The time spent finding a special gift for each person on my list, makes me think a little more about that person and what might be special to them.

Truly its not about the presents it's about God presence's in my families lives. But what JOY I have in finding just the right gift for each of them. This year most of my gifts will be homemade, but there will be a few other small items under the tree for them too.

Christmas is traditionally a time to get together with family. That's something we don't do much these days so we try to celebrate the holidays by being together as often as possible. I'm not going to the mall today but I am doing some shopping with some people I love.

It's a tradition in our family and we've gone for many years. As you know many of my children do not live close by but this year I do have my DD and DS#5, and #6 to go along with me. Our little Lucky Guy and Mr. Wonderful will be coming along too. We'll be having a FANTASTIC day...Singing Jingle All the Way!

I hope your Friday is a Fantastic one too!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

Beautifyl entry! I know you all will have a wonderful time, & I can't wait to hear all about it!

jack69 said...

"Jingle all the WAY!"
Glad you are ready for Christmas. The best time of the year. A time to be Thankful for the Lord and remember His Birth.
Love from NC

Kathy said...

Enjoy your shopping experience and make some good memories today Ma. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

That corgi :) said...

I think people grumble about shopping because some don't celebrate the true meaning of Christmas with the wonderful gift of Jesus. They might know the story but I don't think they have let it penetrate into their hearts. It sounds like you are gearing up to have another fantastic day, Ma! Enjoy your time with the family shopping!

betty

Debbie said...

I agree...finding just the right gift for just the right person is the fun part of giving.
WE lose sight of the real reason for the season if we become negative.
I like your mind set!
Debbie@lakehouse

Sybil said...

I hope that you have had a real fun day.
Love Sybil xx

Sonya said...

Lettin' you know I visited this blog too! Enjoy your day.

Scrappy quilter said...

Very well said. Hope your Friday was a good one. Hugs

Angie said...

As I'm not really able to go shopping without him I usually shop online for Keith's gifts. Then I just have to intercept the delivery man!

Have a great weekend