It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 25, Book 10

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.

Edward Sandford Martin

I am really so thankful for every thing in my life. The good, the bad and the ugly too. It's easy to be thankful for the good things, but we must remember the bad and the ugly comes in to our lives for a reason too. So for those things I try to be thankful for the lessons I've been able to learn from them.

In January of this year I was thankful for another new year to make the most of and to enjoy and for the online devotionals I read every day. They give me a great start to the day

In February I was thankful for beautiful but cold and snowy days. For the smell of wood smoke in the air when I stepped outside reminding me of a nice warm fire place. I was thankful to be who I am and do the best that I can in whatever I do. And for a warm house and a pot full of hot coffee. I was and still am thankful that I've many blessings to count. And the best blessing came at the end of February with the birth of my 13th grand child.

I was thankful that I live a life of many varied interests and will never be bored with so many things to do that I like.

In March I celebrated another birthday and I was so thankful for all the good wishes and for the fact that it was a little warmer, the snow was melting and I could finally take my wool socks off and wear cotton ones

A replacement was found for me at work and I could look forward to training some one to take my place when I retired in April

In April I was very thankful I could finally retire from many years of work. I went to care for my grandson for a month and loved every moment of it. We also opened up our campers for the season and I was so delighted to see the flowers blooming. Daffodils and tulips were just beautiful this year.

I was so very thankful for Spring. I was a very Thankful mom when I listened to my son praying before dinner one night.

In May we had birthday and family celebrations that were just wonderful. We celebrated Memorial Day weekend at the camper and had beautiful weather

In June the roses were in bloom and the weather was wet but warm and I spent many days at the camper

July brought much warmer weather and lots of days spent camping. At home I enjoyed many pleasant evening sitting on the patio watching the birds at the feeders. Just enjoying the coolness of the evening.

In August we welcomed another new babe to the family. How exciting it was to finally have one that lives close to home.

September brought more lovely days and Apples and cinnamon and camp fires on cool nighs.

October was exciting with the arrival of my wild haired pumpkin man. It took awhile for the mums to bloom but when they did it looked like a full head of hair on that pumpkin face. We celebrated fall and Octoberfest with lots of good food too.

I was very thankful too for the opportunity to care for my Youngest grand child, Mr. Wonderful

And in November DDIL#1 celebrated her 40th birthday and I was very thankful indeed that she invited me to join in her birthday celebration which included a marvelous trip and that brings us to the present .

As this year draws to a close there will be many more things to be thankful for and I'll be sharing them each Thursday.

I really did a very brief summary of my blessings for this year. There were so many other things not mentioned here that I am thankful for. Truly I am thankful for everything.

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it ...
is like wrapping a present and not giving it.

William Arthur Ward

I hope your Thursday is one in which you can be Thankful too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

What a truly blessed year! We all have so much to be thankful for large & small! I hope you & your family have a blessed & Happy Thanksgiving!

Rose said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Scrappy quilter said...

What a wonderful list. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Hugs

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

jack69 said...

This is the most thankful blog on the net, so especially today,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Angie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ma. And you're right, we can be happy and give thanks any time.

xx

That corgi :) said...

I loved how you did this, Ma! It was fun to read back over these past 11 months and look back with you on all of your wonderful blessings! This has been indeed a great year of blessings for you and your family!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your family :)

betty