It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 24, Book 10

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Keep everything in perspective. Little things mean a lot.

We often place emphasis on the spectacular events in our lives. There are indeed many wonderful things in our lives that powerfully influence us. But there are as many or more times when a brief moment or event touches us just as deeply.

We spend our lives gathering experiences, but the great lesson of life is to feel loved and cherished. The way we can have that is to make others feel just that way -- loved and cherished.

Today will be one of those days where a lot of little things are going to get done at my house. I'm not so sure if any of them are going to amount to anything great. Yet they have to be done too.

Experience has taught me that little things can develop into mountains and so the dishes, the laundry, the dusting, and many more tiny little things will be done.

I hope your day is a WONDERFUL one!

Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterwards

Author Unknown

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Good Morning Ma! What a wonderful post, and I am so grateful that I can wake up and read your words of inspiration each day! I am going to print this one out...is that okay? I love it and want to hang it on my bulletin board. Beautiful! I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Blessings~Sharon

jack69 said...

Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterwards


Author Unknown


I love that, I think that is one of the most poinant statements of Experience I have ever read.
Thanks.

Hollie said...

Have a wonderful day! I'm doing the same thing...cleaning, but I'm so thankful to be at home to do it!

Scrappy quilter said...

I cracked up when I see the picture of the "coop". Too funny.

I agree with all you've said. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

I liked that plaque at the top of your post today, Ma! It was a cute one!

I like that "the great lesson of life is to feel loved and cherished" and in turn of course, to love and cherish others! I know you cherish and love all of your family and I know you will enjoy celebrating with them tomorrow!

betty