It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 22, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 22, Book 10

IT'S MERRY MONDAY!

In a few days we will be celebrating a day set aside to give thanks to God for all His blessings. You are probably already making plans and preparations for this special day. As you prepare, begin to think about all the wonderful things God has given you this year

I list my things I'm thankful for every Thursday but this Thursday will be a special one so I'll try to put together my list for the year. Be prepared! It may be a long one.

Today I'm going to try and get one of my crafty projects finished up and begin a new one. After Christmas is over, I'll post pictures of all that I've done. Hopefully there will be lots to show you.

So far I have managed to finish 4 of the Friendship Shawls that I'm making for family and friends this year. I even made myself one. Oh my they are soft and cuddly.

The Red one is for DDIL#1. Her birthday is over but I didn't have it quite finished when we took our trip so I'll be giving it to her next weekend. She choose the color as it is her favorite. In the pattern book I'm using, it says that Red stands for Energy, strength, power, determination, love, and courage. All these things are so true of my DIL.

The green one is for a friend for Christmas. Green stands for healing, harmony safety, hope, protection, and peace.

I think these colors just happens to say a lot about each of them and fits their personality very well.

The next two shawls that I'll be doing will be January birthday gifts and the favorite colors of these two also seems to match their personalities.

I'll be making a purple one for our Princess. Purple stands for Wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity and mystery.

And I'll be making a yellow one for a friend. Yellow stands for Cheerfulness, energy, joy and confidence.

To me these shawls say 'here is a HUG for you to keep'. They are soft, warm and very cuddly. The pattern that I'm using is a very simple one and easy to do too.

Paints and brushes will be my tools for today's project...the knitting needles and yarn are the tools my evening projects.

Have a Merry Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

Buttercup said...

The shawls are lovely. I'm looking forward to your list. I'm enjoying "counting" too and remembering all the good things for which I'm grateful. Have a great day!

Scrappy quilter said...

The shawls do sound lovely. Can't wait to read your list. I love reading lists that tell the world what we are thankful for. Hope you have a wonderful day. I'm working on my last UFO. Can't wait until it's finished. Hugs

That corgi :) said...

those shawls look very nice, Ma! And I like how you chose the colors to match the qualities of the person getting the shawl! You must work so very hard to have gotten so many of them done in such a short time!! I look forward to reading your list come Thursday! It is always good to give thanks to God indeed for his many blessings!

Have a great Monday!

betty

Midlife Mom said...

I too am looking forward to reading your list. I feel so blessed to have a long list this year too. We take for granted so many things that many others only dream of. Like food on the table, a warm place to sleep and clothes to wear. I am so happy that we have this holiday to take stock of all that we are thankful for!

The shawls sound so nice. I like what the different colors stand for. I am working on UFO's too.......sigh......I am determined to get them finished! :o)

Hollie said...

Just beautiful! They are so fortunate to have someone that cares enough to make them special gifts!

jack69 said...

I watched a lady knit while at the Dr. office waiting, it looked like fun.
I knlow tht folks will appreciate the Shawls. They are pretty.
Love from NC

Kathy said...

I am looking forward to your list also. I love the colors in the shawls. I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.

Joann said...

Can't wait to see pics of the shawls when you're done!! They sound so cozy!

Sybil said...

Goodness Ma you are such a very special lady..you always seem to be able to think of the very best things for all your family and friends. The shawls sound just delightful...wonder where you got the pattern ?... I'm afraid I have been very lazy this past few months..so many other things on my mind that I have not had the energy to make anything. However have done my cards and plan to do Mary's tomorrow...
much Love Sybil xx