It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 21, Book 10

Thank you, dear God
For all You have given me,
For all You have taken away from me,
For all You have left me

R & R Day

Holidays are conducive to remembering holidays from our past but they are also times that we should be creating the holiday memories of tomorrow. Memories of those special family holidays are the heirlooms of our lives just like the family china that was used to serve those special holiday dinners
Unless your ancestors were native American Indians, we all had people in our family tree that came to the U.S. because they wanted a better life. I know that I had a grandparents that wanted to live here for a better way of life. Still they didn't have a great life and worked hard all their lives, yet I think it must have been better than what they left behind.

The Pilgrims which we most remember at Thanksgiving didn't have it easy either. But they did have a Thanksgiving celebration. It seems it is a American tradition to first survive and then to grow and thrive.

If nothing else we can approach the Thanksgiving holiday with a thankful heart and give thanks that you had ancestors who were survivors and be thankful for them.


Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t

Unknown

Today I'm thankful for an opportunity to rest and be refreshed for the week ahead. It'll be a very busy one with preparations for the Thanksgiving Day celebrations going on. Many will be traveling to visit with loved ones too and I'll be praying for their safe travels.

As always each and every one of you are in my thoughts and prayers too. Enjoy your Sunday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Happy R$R Day....!!

jack69 said...

Enjoy today, thankfully.
Knowing you willsince this is the most thankful Blog on the net.
And to boot it is Thanksgiving. Time to give thanks is ever day, but I am glad we have a holiday called 'ThanksGiving'.

WE with freedom, and food should be the most thankful.

That corgi :) said...

That is so true about creating holiday memories in addition to remembering past ones too. I think that is especially important for young ones just starting out on their own, whether it be through marriage or going and living on their own, that they incorporate what they had as memories as well as making new ones since each family is unique in their own right and what worked well for one might not work as well when memories are blended in marriage etc. But just being together and sharing and being thankful is a great way to spend this special time of year!

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

Ma I hope you are having a blessed Sunday ~ Ally x

Scrappy quilter said...

Hope you continue to have a relaxing day. I love Sundays. We celebrated our Thanksgiving in Oct. Hope you have a wonderful one. Hugs

Buttercup said...

I've just been thinking about this -- enjoying the now and not just revisiting the past. We're a little smaller group this year for Thanksgiving and it's time to try new recipes and regroup. Grateful for new horizons and present happiness.

grammy said...

I always enjoy your posts...
they make me reflect (o:
it is a good thing...
I give my grand kids an advent box that they open every day in dec. After Chrictmas I pick up lots of cheep crafts and what nots and try to write something fun. I finished putting it together last night (o: