It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Chapter 11, Page 2, Book 10

TERRIFIC TUESDAY

November is traditionally known as the I Am So Thankful Month

Do you have someone special in your life? I like to tell them how thankful I am for them. It's a good idea to send them a card and list of reasons why you're thankful for them and give it to them for Thanksgiving

Now is the time to plan your Thanksgiving menu. it is a good idea to start thinking now about what recipes have worked for your Thanksgiving dinners in the past and what recipes are so a part of your tradition that you wouldn’t think of having Thanksgiving without them.

List the types of foods that you would like to include in your Thanksgiving meal: Appetizers, Main Course, Side Dishes, Bread, Salads, and most importantly, Desserts!! Maybe you already have a favorite sweet potato recipe or maybe you want to find one that would work for your family. Start planning now for a meaningful family dinner they won’t forget

At my house this year I'll be making the Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green been casserole and sweet potatoes. I'll also have some macaroni salad and a veggie tray. My family will be bringing the desserts.

One family tradition that we have at every holiday is filling the punch bowl with Frothy Slosh. It is a mixture of Cranapple juice and ginger ale that is topped off by spoonfuls of sherbet. I usually use orange sherbet at Thanksgiving and green at Christmas. When you mix this together it does get very frothy. All the children and the adults enjoy this fruity and refreshing drink.

These are my Two TERRIFIC things for this Tuesday. My thanksgiving menu and our family tradition.


Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!
'On Ya'-ma


6 comments:

LYN said...

I am thankful for my health (see my post today) and my family..as always...great post by the way!!

Kathy said...

Guess I need to start planning our Thanksgiving too. We are going to the coast (Pacific) with our friends in our RVs. We'll be there to crab again and hopefully we can have a crab appetizer on Thanksgiving.

That corgi :) said...

I like the new blog picture, Ma, and even though the trees are getting to be bare, we have hope that in just a few short months, new sprouts will start to bud from them!!

your Thanksgiving menu sounds so delicious and that frothy drink I am sure is a "hit" with everyone! I'll have to try it some time!

I liked your suggestion about writiing a letter to your special someone and share why they are so special, I did that one Christmas for all my family members. It was neat to put in words feelings like that.

enjoy the day!

betty

grammy said...

My sister always has a frosty slosh almost the same...the kids drink so much they don't need any food (o:
I asked my 3 year old what we usually eat for Thanksgiving. We had been ready a fun book about TG dinner. She shrugged her shoulders and said...Rats...lol

jack69 said...

Ahhh Thanksgiving! Every day is thanksgiving, but for Thanksgiving Day? I love a roast turkey, giblet gravy, potatoes, green beans and corn.

Pecan pie and vanilla Icecream.

However I would settle for an open face sandwich of turkey with cranberry sauce.

jack69 said...

And then Paul said' I find that what so ever state I am in, there with to be content!"